six

six; YOU WANT THEM SO BAD?

seven years earlier

Fifteen year old Reese Kane was seated alone in the mess hall, a tattered book in her hands that she was stuck in, her eyes reading the words on the page in complete wonder, still so incredibly excited that Bellamy and Octavia had gifted her with such a wonderful book that she hadn't been able to put down.

She turned the page as a figure cast a shadow on the crinkled paper and she glanced up in time to watch Bellamy plop down in the chair across from her.

A wide smile stretched across her face.

"Hey, Bell." She greeted, dogearing the page and closing the novel in order to turn her attention to her best friend.

"How's it going, Spitfire?" He asked with a grin.

"Great, sorry I haven't been to visit lately, I've been spending some time with my Mom and Gran." She apologised, "How's O doing?"

Bellamy spared a quick glance at his surroundings before turning back and speaking, "She's fine, she misses you a bit, but we both understand why you've been side-tracked."

Reese, who wore a guilty expression, lightened up considerably hearing that. She absolutely adored Octavia and missed her immensely but her Gran had fallen ill and she just wanted to be with her to cheer her up and make her feel a bit better.

"I'll visit soon." She promised, "How're you though?"

Bellamy shrugged, "Fine, I suppose. Mom's been pushing me to become a guard."

"Is that what you want?" She asked him hesitantly.

"I think so." He responded, brows furrowed, "It would be a lot easier to get to a system and log O into it."

Reese smiled, her heart-tugging at how protective Bellamy was of Octavia and how much he truly loved her.

"Reese! Reese!"

With furrowed eyebrows, Reese glanced to her left just in time to see eleven year old Clarke Griffin skid to a shaky stop at the table, her eyes wide with tears and Wells Jaha hot on her heels, his expression more stoic than usual.

"Clarke, what's wrong?" Reese asked gently, looking at her young friend worriedly when she saw just how distressed she was.

"It's your Mom." She cried tearfully, not taking her eyes off of Reese, "She was just arrested."

Reese couldn't help but wonder if Finn and Raven had broken up at some point during her time in the Skybox because it wasn't like Finn was trying to hide that he was flirting with Clarke and she found herself wanting to beat her head against a tree for listening to Finn when he told them both to follow him.