Chapter 10

It was pitch black and the only light source was Sapphire's blue flame which was lighting the way. She heard a snap of twigs in the tree's, she immediately cut the fire's light before she heard an evil laugh all around her. She tried not to make a sound but something unpleasant grabbed a hold of her left hand. A bird like claw grabbed a hold of her, it shot into the pitch black sky, immediately Sapphire set herself on fire to give her room to transform. When she was back in her dragon form she got a good look at the culprit. It had dark brown feathers and a white head, it's eyes glowed gold in the moon's light, it had a tail of a lion. Only one thing came to mind it was a griffin. She allowed the scales on her back and the back of her legs also the tip of her tail to set on fire with light blue flames. The griffin came from above to strike her down with one hit but got burnt by the fire. Sapphire took her chance to attack the griffin to make sure she had a clear escape route. Her fire breath made the griffin flee a bit back giving her the time to escape. She used her dragon speed to get to a dark cave. After a while, in the cave the griffin flew past in the direction of the rogue territory. She decided it would be better to stay hidden and just contact Max somehow on how where abouts but she didn't know extactly where she was but she did remember travelling through this area with her mother when she was small. She also stayed in her dragon form for safety because she thought something was watching her. Sapphire didn't sleep cause she decided it would be better for her to head back early whilst it was still a bit dark. Her muscles started to ache and her wings wouldn't open, this was mainly because she was tired and in pain from her left paw.
'Why did I not sleep? This is pointless! By the time I get back it's going to be the afternoon! I think?' She thought to herself.

"Ah monster," a voice screamed as the sun was rising.
'Oh brother,' Sapphire thought.
"Attack it, protect the Alpha's wife!" A guard commanded.

Sapphire was scared they're find out who she was so she forced herself to fly.
'Why is everyone attacking creatures the minute they see them?' Sapphire asked her dragon.
'Because no one knows the beauty of life amd what it holds,' a mysterious voice answered.