5 // Stranded

- JACKSON & CHEN -

11:30pm

Junk, Junk, oh that's me~, more junk-

Jackson walked around the cash registers away from the magazine section making his  way to where Chen was.

"Find anything useful?" He asked, walking past him, Chen just huffed a no.

Chen had something else on his mind.

His interest in making weapons and traps took over his mind and wanted to know what he could make with his newfound skill.

He swiftly stood up and began working.

Jackson on the other hand, was collecting supplies for the group.

He wondered to the far corner of the store where alcohol was stored.

He suddenly heard shuffling and a gurgling sound directly behind him.

Without thinking Jackson quickly grabbed the infected and smashed its head into the ground, a puddle of brains, skin and blood decorated the place where the head would be.

Jackson couldn't believe what he did. He stared at his hands in shock,

"Where did that strength come from?" He thought to himself, before quickly finding Chen.

Chen was toying around with kitchen utensils when Jackson found him.

"Oi" He started "I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick"

"Don't let anything bite you while your exposed" Chen giggled, earning a frying pan to be thrown at him.

11:50pm

Chen created a variety of handheld weapons.

He spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out how to create bombs but realized unless he wanted to create a veggie bomb, a grocery store isn't the place for supplies.

Jackson approached Chen with a packed backpack.

"woooahh you're like the gunsmith in the games" Jackson squealed

"And you're the pretty boy that gets sacrificed."  Chen cheekily replied, Jackson scowled.

"Sacrificed?!"

"Mhm, the fat in your legs must seem juicy to those cannibals"

"It's muscle, something you don't have"

"All muscle but no brain"

"shut up bobble head"

"I'm gonna cook you like rotisserie chic-"

The argument was suddenly cut short by a startling scream. The two men looked at each other.

"Do you think-"

"Yeah"

"Okay you go out first"

"Why me?!"

"You're the muscle right?"

"Why don't you go first? Your big head can be used as a shield"

"Against what? The sun? Or the fact the 'muscle' is scared of a few noises?"

"Don't smile at me like that, you look creepy"

They scuttled out of the grocery store and checked their surroundings to see if any infected heard, before making their way to the convenience store across the street.

Several blocks away a lone figure stood on a rooftop watching them run across the street.

- BTS -