2: To the Moon and Never Back

Title: To the Moon and Never Back

Poet: SweetSimu

Genre: Free verse poetry

Poems Read: 5

Date: 6 January 2020

Title: 5/5

I've, to put it down honestly, never heard of such a title. It's plainly unique and pulls me toward your book. You might not know this, but back at the end of 2018 when we first followed each other, I thought your book was a novel, and it really reeled me in, calling for me. Unfortunately, those two years had been unkind to me, and I never got the chance to read your book.

I was honestly surprised when I found out it was a poetry book. Nonetheless, it met my expectations, and I'm glad I stumbled upon your work.

Cover: 5/5

How do I say this? Hmmm... Let me think of a good way to arrange my sentence. Well, there I go.

Can I steal your cover, pretty please?

No, don't kill me. It's just that I have a thing; a sort of fetish, for mindblowing extraordinary graphics, and this one looks very delicious to the eyes. The black and the white contradict each other perfectly, and the title blends in with the crescent moon in the background, which gives the cover a professional look. My compliments to the designer of the beauty!

Summary: 5/5

The start of your summary is itself like a poem. It's an outstanding prelude to the collection of your poems. You've tried to convey how much different everyone's life is through that little poem at the end. You brilliantly put forward every theme your poetry collection has in that small poem. The emotion was well conveyed and I was definitely pulled to clicking the 'read' button. 

Grammar/Punctuation: 5/5

Your grammar is spot on and leaves me nothing to complain about. I scrutinized your poems ten times before moving onto this review, and even after all those times, I was unable to find any imperfection in this astounding collection of yours.

Diction + Flow: 5/5

Each poem of yours flowed effortlessly in an elegant pattern. Nothing in your poems made me halt in my steps and reread it to understand its meaning, which is a good sign for your poetry. You have an amazing talent with words!

Meaning + Message Conveyed: 5/5

According to me, every poem of yours was quite relatable and realistic to me as a human. They are rather beautiful and disturbing (in a thought-provoking way!) at times. They all made sense, without the need for logic. They were so real that I almost lost myself into the void of your words.

My Favorite Line: