Charging it up

Hope awoke to a dark room.  Raising up on her elbows, she surveyed the room.  A desk with a stack of data pads on it stood near the berth. The walls were bare of pictures but a tall bookcase held a collection of books and plants.

Off to the right was another door.  Silently  she slid off the bed and walked to it. Pushing it open, a series of lights revealed a set of wash racks but no other occupants.

Walking back into the first room, she noticed a glass of energon. Having never tried it before, she took a small sip and found it sweet with a hint of a metallic taste.

"Definitely something to get used too" she whispered before moving towards the tall door leading out to the hallway. Lightly pressing her servo to it, it opened at her touch and a startled Sideswipe fell into the room. She caught him with ease and helped him back on his wheels.

"Why were you leaning on the door?" she asked in a hushed tone due to the lateness of the hour.

"Standing guard so you could rest." he replied in kind.

"Whose room am I in?"

"Boss bots."

"What?!"

She clapped her servo over her flushed face plates. "Why?!" Mortified, she looked around frantically terrified that someone would see her.

Sides sent a reassuring pulse to her and they both looked up to see Sunstreaker who had been awoken by her initial panic and came to help calm her down.

"It was Prime's idea to put you in his berth. No bot would dare risk his wrath or ours to reach you."

"Oh" she replied smalley.  "That was very kind of him. Where is he staying then?"

"Main hanger in vehicle mode for now. He's done it many times before."

"I'll have to thank him then when I see him again."

The twins linked arms with her as they walked down the hallway towards the floor of the sleeping base. As they reached the end of the hall, she looked towards the new bay doors.

"Credit for your thoughts princess?"

A unladylike snort escaped from Hope before meeting Sideswipe's optics. "Princess. Now that's a funny thought. I was just curious what my alt mode would be. I have wings so am I to be an aircraft of some sort?"

"Maybe a flying car." Sunstreaker replied. "But not an aircraft. Your protoform screams to be a car."

"Hmm, screams it does. Very well boys, care to help me pick one out?"

Spreading her wings, she leapt into the air and soared across the hanger bay. Sunny and Sides grinned and transformed to alt modes before chasing after her.

As she soared over the sleeping Autobot, Hope saw Optimus off to the side, lights and motor off in deep recharge. Smirking a little, she flew up to his cab and placed a kiss on his antenna. Whispering a soft thank you then continuing on her flight, not noticing the warming of his hood as she flew away followed by the twins.

High above the base she glided, the twins watching from below. Going into a nose dive, she hurtled towards them before pulling up in front of their panicked faces.

"Well boys, shall we find me an alt mode?"

Laughing once more, she shot off again but keep low to the ground. This time Sides and Sunny flanked her as they headed into the nearby city. Coming to a stop on a hill overlooking a large car dealership, Hope looked around with interest.

"What should I pick?" she thought out loud.

Before they could answer, her optics fell upon a Ford Mustang.  Its sleek line appealed to her and she found twin lines emitting from her and scanning the vehicle. Without much effort she found herself in car form. Swiveling her mirrors, she appraised herself before turning to her brothers.

"Well? Do I pass muster?"

"Fraggit Sunny, now we're going to have to beat mechs off with blow torches."

Sunstreaker cuffed Sideswipe across the helm when Hope blushed but she laughed anyways. Shifting her wheels, she yelled back at them.

"See you back at base!" and roared out of sight.