Chapter 2

Somin's POV

As we walked through the school, I kept on getting weird looks from the students at their lockers. I just kept most of my focus on what the school looked like. It was made up of bright white walls, which were decorated with many embellishments of past students' achievements both at the school and portraits of them after they graduated.

The lockers that covered the edges of the hallways were a contrasting black color, some of them with different hues of a dark or even ruby red. Most of them were decorated by the students who owned the lockers, but I didn't really look at them long enough to make out what most of them were.

The floor was where my eyes lingered the most during our walk. It was easier to avoid the other students' stares when I looked down. The floor was the same shade of white as the walls -- maybe even brighter -- but marbled with black, grey, and ruby designs.

We finally made it into the Headmistress's office, and my eyes widened in shock. Right behind the desk on the main wall, there were three oil portraits. One older gentleman in the center with short, gelled black hair. His bangs were shaped into a little "v" pattern on his forehead. His face was stern, and his eyes almost as black as his hair. He had an older looking black, tapered suit on, with a long black cloak covering most of it. I could tell from the pictures I had at home that he was Dracula.

The painting to his right depicted a woman with posture that showed she knew she was of great importance. She had long, wavy black hair that went down to her hips, deep violet eyes that seemed like they pierced my soul, and bright ruby red lips that were held in a still, gentle smile. She wore a long sleeved red dress that was covered in a see through black material. I could only assume that she was the Headmistress.

The painting to his left however... That painting showed a woman I knew all to well from the many photos at home. Hell, it almost was like looking in a slightly older mirror, but with violet eyes and a stern face. This painting was of Park Minseo, my mother. The very first teacher ever in this school. Well, so much for people not recognizing me.

The receptionist in front of the paintings was about to ask me what I needed without even looking up from her computer, but was beaten to the punch as the Headmistress herself walked out of a little room near her own painting with that same gentle smile.

"Ah, Somin, you're finally here~!" She called, walking towards me with open arms. "Welcome to the school, I hope your ride wasn't too uncomfortable." She said in a warm, motherly tone.

From her appearance alone, I knew she meant business. Her long hair was in a tightly wound bun, and she looked almost identical to her portrait behind her. The only difference was the shade of her skin, and her current outfit. Her skin was much much paler than any other vampire I had seen, meaning she had been a vampire for quite some time. She was wearing a ruby red suit jacket with a matching long skirt, which both matched the shade of her lipstick.

"Oh, it wasn't, don't worry! You must be Headmistress Dracul. It's an honor to meet you, miss." I said, doing my best to return her smile.

She nodded her head, and then turned her attention to Jungkook. "Thank you for bringing her here, the welcome committee will take her around later. You can head back to class now, Mr. Jeon." She said, her smile disappearing when she saw the look of protest on his face. He didn't say anything to disagree, however. He simply nodded and waved at me with a half hearted smile before leaving.

After he left, the Headmistress took me back to her office. "I'm sorry about sending him away, but his friends Seokjin and Hoseok are the welcome committee, so don't fret. Now, what I really wanted to talk to you about was your mother." She said, walking behind her desk and offering for me to sit across from her.