seven. tinder offerings

CHAPTER SEVEN (&) TINDER OFFERINGS

"you care for this girl, yes?"✧・゚: g*✧・

✧・゚: g*✧・

                    CONNOR AND BAILEY HADN'T MEANT TO BURN DOWN THE HOTEL. Sometimes in the life of young, questing half-bloods, things are simply out of your hands. And- I mean- if there was anyone to blame it was Apollo. Bailey tended to find that most bad things in her life could be traced back to her father- but she wasn't about to say it aloud.

"Listen closely, Connor, Chiron made certain these instructions were followed exactly," Will said, through the magic of Iris's rainbow message. The two demigods remained on the floor of the motel courtyard, Connor now cradling the hotel stationary and a logo-ed pen. His other hand was shaking slightly, but he slotted it between his folded knee to keep it still.

Bailey had the sudden and swallowing urge to grab his hand and steady it in her own— but she suppressed the feeling with brief and false disgust. Will had begun to list things already but she couldn't focus on his words, now. In her own mind, she chalked the urge up to Apollo-Cabin instincts. Instincts, that is, that encouraged simple touching.

When Bailey had arrived at Camp Half Blood she was not accustomed to the way the other children of Apollo seemed to always be touching. Quickly though she grew used to, and even fond of them; Will's arm around her shoulder, Lee Fletcher holding pinkies as they walked to the fire pit, Gracie climbing onto her shoulders and wrapping around Bailey, Benny and Desmond leaning against her after long archery sessions. Without knowledge of her conditioning Bailey found herself adhering to the same unspoken actions— always, now, yearning for the warmth of physical touch.

Of course, she had been repressing this instinct in the company of Connor Stoll. For obvious reasons, and also, that she didn't intend to make him uncomfortable and make this entire quest more awkward for the both of them. That didn't stop the ideas from coming to her mind. Like just then- when she had wanted to hold his hand, and yesterday in Chiron's office when she had felt pulled to rest a comforting hand on his shoulder.

                "Bailey?" The girl was pulled suddenly out of her thoughts by the stat-icky voice of her older brother.  There was concern in his expression when she looked up, but he pushed the look from his face. "As soon as Connor finishes the summoning the goddess should appear. You shouldn't have a problem with Iaso— if you don't insult her, she's much nicer than other gods. So don't insult her. Just tell her about how you got the injury, how it came unhealed, she'll sympathize and it should be easy peasy from there."