Staff Profile Number Six

Hi STR's, it's Lainie and Janie back again to bring youse a new staff profile. We hadn't done one for ages, so we thought it was time. Trouble is, not everyone wants to take part. Why? We're guessing it's because many have shady pasts which they don't want to divulge. I thought I was clever using a big word like 'divulge' :well, I have to confess it was Janie's idea-she loves big words.

Anyway, we were all set to write our new staff profile on Skye Frye, who's our glamorous sizzling- blonde resident manager, (according to Kal) but before we could even ask her for an interview, we received a surprise request.

Whitney and Britnee, the two bimbos we work with at 'War Paint', said please, please, please, could we do a profile on them. Janie and I just looked at one another and rolled our eyes. We told them we only write profiles on shop owners or senior staff, not little teeny-bopper nobodies. We thought that the insult would make them back off and they'd stop asking. No such luck. They kept on begging us to write about them.

Janie asked them why? They told us they wanted to be like the party girls who hit the headlines of the gossip mags, like just about every week. They even said they didn't mind if we wrote bad stuff, that they wanted to be 'notorous'-of course they meant notorious. They're both so dumb. We told them it would probably be really really bad, but they still weren't put off.  They  said that would be awesome and please, please, please could we do it. What a pair of lame desperados. Janie and I put our noses in the air and said we'd think about it and let them know.

'Don't call us, we'll call you', we said. We felt so powerful, which is a very addictive feeling.

Whitney and Britnee went off giggling.

Over the next few days they pestered and nagged us, saying:

'Have you thought about it yet?'

They were just like kids, asking their parents: 'Are we there yet?'

'Let them sweat it out', Janie told me

On the fifth day, we couldn't stand the pestering anymore and gave in.

Whitney and Britnee told us to mention that they'd been friends since Kindergarten. Not much has changed then, especially in the brains department. Also,  their up-coming cruise. They said apart from those two things, we could write what we like. So we have. Then they ran off giggling again.

Whitney Wells is seventeen and works in War Paint with us and says she'd like nothing more than to be a world –famous make-up artist in Hollywood. Good-luck with that, Whit. Whitney's love of experimenting with colour is often rather scary and one day she nearly got herself fired when she gave a mother-of-the-bride an almost clown-like face. You could hear the woman's shrieks all over Scrubber-Town. Skye Frye and Marissa (our boss) ended up repairing the damage themselves and gave the distraught woman a whole lot of free product. Whitney missed out on getting fired, only because she was in her probationary period, but she wasn't allowed anywhere near wedding parties after that.

Whitney loves going to the beach in summer with her close friend Britnee. They told us they'd been friends 'forevva'. They like to watch blokes surf while they eat ice-creams. We warned Whitney that one day all those ice-creams would come back and bite her on the bum in the form of fat, that she'd blow up and no blokes would look at her anymore. She doesn't believe us of course. Whitney actually names bloke- watching as a hobby and she says she gets crushes real easily. Her latest crush is on Guy Bligh, Wade Blade's ( of The Raving Lunatics group)  new drummer. She hangs around Head banger Central, the music shop, where Wade, Guy and their manager, who calls himself Rabbit Man (which is  also his DJ name) .are often seen

Once, not long ago, Whitney went to Pinokio's Pantry in her lunch break. At the next table sat Wade, Guy and Rabbit Man. Whitney spent the next two hours just sitting and gazing at Guy (Whitney, it's called stalking and it's illegal) Anyway, her crush paid her no attention whatever. He and his mates were far more interested in flirting  with Kal's new blonde Russian trophy-wife who was lunching at a near -by table with Skye Frye. Whitney was finally dragged out by a furious, red-faced Marissa, our boss. Whitney tried to say that her watch had stopped. and her phone had died, both at the same time. Well; she finally got the attention she wanted when the three men started laughing, whistling and making crude comments. You'd think that after that humiliating experience she'd be cured of her crush on Guy, but she insists that he likes her too and it's just that he's scared off by her being so young Yeah, right Whitney.. She recently won a Pacific Cruise in a radio competition and she wants to take Britnee with her. Great,girls. We hope the cruise takes a long time and maybe a couple of pirates will carry you off. Whitney reckons she's going to meet 'the one' on this cruise so watch this space.

Britnee Bryce is sixteen and works with Whitney at the Cagey Cosmetics Counter in War Paint. Brit tells us she's only working here until she gets a break in modeling.She's thinking of enrolling at Tatiana's new modeling school, 'StrutGirl'. We can think of another name that rhymes with strut, but we'll be good and not mention it. Tatiana or Kal might come after us and they're not people you want to cross. Britnee tells us that she often gets approached by random blokes on the beach, wanting to take her photo, and don't we think that's cool? No we don't think it's 'cool', Brit .It's sleazy and the guys are most likely psychopaths. Britnee seems to think it will  lead to a big modelling career.

Britnee also tells us that she'd like to be a clothes stylist if modeling doesn't work out for her and that the new shop Bogan Chick is soon going to offer training positions to two girls who'll go on to become in-store stylists. Well,we're sure Marissa will give you a glowing reference. She's wanted to get rid of you for like ages. Sorry, but it's true. Britnee lists her hobbies as buying bikinis (she has fifty),going to the beach with Whitney and partying.

Neither Whitney nor Britnee are Spite-Club girls. They're both much too afraid of Mandi and Sandi,the club leaders. Britnee also says she'd love to go on the cruise with Whitney, but she's afraid her mum won't let her, or worse,insist on coming too. Have fun, Brit!

That about wraps up our profiles on our two teeny-boppers. We had more to tell you than we thought, warts and all.Happy, girls?

See yah and luv yah,

Lainie and Janie.xx

P.S. Next time we will bring you the profile of Skye Frye that we wanted to this time. Skye 's was going to be so interesting,but she was'cool' about it and said to do Whitney and Britnee's and give them a thrill,which of course was what we did.

PS; This story is a prequel to Beach Wedding of the Year, which was an OMP story in 2017. If you haven't read 'Beach Wedding' It still features in my collection of stories so perhaps give it a whirl sometime.