CHAPTER 9

'What? husband? Hsh! I feel like strangling her with my bare hands. But, why is she terribling... and are those tears I see? Why, why, why is she making me feel like the bad guy here? Why is she pretending to be scared? This woman is out to destroy my life and she is still the same person crying like its her life that is being destroyed. Is she really terrified or is this just an act? Of course it's an act, she teared the same way at the restaurant and gave me her word, but today she appeared out of the blues and got married to me. She's always acting like I repulse her, always distant and avoids me like I was a plaque, but didn't miss the opportunity to call herself my wife few minutes ago in front of everyone. She is playing games with me and being very sly about it. Hsh! I hate her so much'.

"If you ever refer to me as your husband in 'public', I'll make you regret it in public. If you ever for a moment think you can stand with me as an equal, I'll push you down with my own hands. And if you think that I'll ever regard you as my wife, then be prepared to get disappointed, over and over again. I will make everyday you spend with me unlivable. I'll make you regret your actions, because every decision you took today were yours to make and you made the choose the ones that suit you and your mother best. So now I would make my own decisions that suit me and that would cause you great pain, more than you have caused me. From this moment, my time, I would sacrifice to making you regret ever choosing to get married to 'your sister's husband'. You disgust me, get lost!" I yelled pushing her aside.

She ran into the bathroom, and I immediately felt like I just made a mistake.

I shouldn't have let her go, I should have made a suffer a little while longer but I really can't stand the sight of her.

I'm very upset right now and I really needed to cool off, so I left the room, banging the door so hard it might have been heard downstairs.

I went to my office, I needed to work in other to get my mind off that horrible woman. I tried to distract myself with work, but I couldn't.

I just couldn't get the look in her eyes off my mind.

'Was she really in pain? Did she regret being rude to me earlier? No, I can't believe her. She is a treacherous, sly wench and a pretty good actress. She would stop at nothing until she gets want she and her mother wants. But what exactly is it that they want from me? I need to find that out first'.

I have to find out some way and I would need Daniel for that.

I opened my MacBook which I had closed early due to frustration. It had a video clip on it that I saved earlier.

I opened the video and watched it for the second time, but it made me even more furious watching it over again.

I felt a stinging feeling that made my blood boil. I flipped the documents that were by the side of the MacBook forcefully that they landed on the ground with a loud thud.

She was really messing with me, and I would make sure she regrets tolling with me all her life.

I stood up and walked to the overhaul window that looks across the beautiful garden maze at the back of the Winfrey mansion.

It was already night but the lights from the poles at the backyard made the maze clearer and more visible.

I could still hear distant noises and cheering of the guest who had gathered for the Welcoming, my welcoming. If only they knew what a sham this marriage was.

While they think it's a happy marriage, none of us would actually be happy in it. Outside we may appear to be the trophy couple, but inside we won't be able to stand each other.