Chapter 7

Sam's POV

I sighed as I continued to pack. Meli had died four months ago, and well, things have changed. Des didn't go to the funeral, even though she was invited. We were now officially dating, as of two months yesterday. Kate and I had become better friends,as I had with Luke and Peter.

Des, had kind of changed.

She started smoking actually, she's just not the same anymore. Peter seems to be the only one able to bring out the old her. Sometimes I see the old Des, when she's laughing a real laugh, when we're laying there in the dark and she whispers how much she loves me, but I also see the broke one. Like every time Meli is mentioned, or she's there smoking her cigarette.

Right now it was summer, and I was flying home with Des. We were gonna stay with Mark and Jack, and go see my mom as well. My mom had gotten married a year ago, the guys name was West. He was pretty nice, and had accepted me being gay pretty well. I hadn't seen Mark and Jack in a whole two years, kind of sad since they treated me like their own daughter.

We were flying out tomorrow, getting up early in the morning. Luke and Peter were giving us a ride since Luke was going home with Peter to meet his family.

I felt two arms wrap around my waist, as a pair of soft lips came in contact with my neck. "Hey" I whispered already knowing who it was. I turned in her arms and faced Des. There were dark circles under her eyes, her skin was pale, and her breath smelt like smoke. She probably had just smoked a cigarette. "You finished packing?" "Almost, are you?" She nodded. "You okay?" She gave me that world famous smirk. "I'm grand, I'm only in a roller coaster that only goes up my friend" "quote The Fault In Our Stars one more time and I'll smack your ass" I growled causing her to laugh. It was the only book she liked, and the only thing that made her cry. Seriously, no movie except that one made her cry and she hates reading. Still don't know how she ended up reading it.

Des helped me finish my packing and we sat down and started watching The Office. I rested my head on her shoulder as she wrapped an arm around me. "Go to sleep love, I'll wake you when it's time to leave" I felt my eyes close "love? Your starting to sound British" I fell asleep to the sound of her laugh.