Chapter 15

Y/n was reading a book when she heard a commotion. Rolling her eyes, she knew Black had come and probably riled up his green counterpart.Y/n tiptoed to her door, pressing her ear against it to see what was happening.

"Another filthy mortal?" Zamasu scoffed "it's already enough that the puny girl spreads her germs around the house"

Ouch. Remember to spit in his food next time

"That little rose is far worth more than this one." Black retorted "I advise you to stop speaking ill or your defeat will be quick."

"Is that a threat." The ground began to shake with the God's anger.

"It's not a promise nor a threat." Black lowered his voice "but a guarantee."

The next thing that was heard was a gurgling sound from what Y/n could only assume was from Zamasu. She flung the door open and turned to look down the hall to see indeed, Black had killed his counterpart. Her eyes widened as she saw who he dragged in behind him.

Trunks!

"Did someone tell you to leave your room." Y/n froze at the person who was now behind her, whispering in her ear.

"Z-zamasu said t-"

"You're mistaken little rose." Black pushed Y/n against the wall "Zamasu doesn't exist anymore from the very start he was an expendable piece in this very plan. I just got to do it sooner all thanks to you little one."

Y/n was shaking, Black's face had blood splattered on it and the look in his eyes were unstable as they shifted back and forth to look into her own.

"I even brought a gift." He gestured towards Trunks' unconscious body. "A dying request from the last people on Earth"

"What did you say?" Y/n balled up her fist and swung at Black with full force. He chuckled and gently grabbed her arm before holding her hand in his.

"Don't be brash little rose." He scolded "It was the request of that black haired girl, Mai, to have Trunks sent here to see you, all in exchange for the resistance bunker."

You've got to be fucking kidding

Y/n's eye twitched in annoyance. Of all the stuff that Mai had done she really, genuinely, gave up a colony of people for a fucking person! Was she crazy?!

Trunks groaned before slowly gasping for air and sitting up. "Y/n?"

"Seems the mortal is awake." Black frowned "I guess I'll bid you adieu."

Black disappeared leaving the two alone. Y/n started running towards Trunks when Black reappeared between them. He grabbed the ring off of Zamasu's body before grabbing the being himself.

"I forgot to clear out." He chuckle to himself "y/n be a dear and clean up the floor for me. Could you also make dinner? Hah! Who am I to joke, you will be rewarded later for your acts."

With that he disappeared again. Y/n went up to Trunks before falling to her knees.

"Trunks."

"Y/n." She grabbed the sides of his face gently before pulling him to her. He coughed at first but slowly gave into the hug.

"Trunks...Mai-"

"I heard." Trunks mumbled "She gave up the bunker to have me here."

"But why?!" Y/n exclaimed "you're going to die here. I'm going to die here!"

"She wanted-"

"What for us to not see her suffer out of selfishness." Y/n asked "I'd rather walk a million miles with her on my back rather than throwing her away so she doesn't see me perish."