It's weird, you know?!

You know, it's weird how some people apparently walk into your life by accident and then...they just stay there. Become a part of your routine and you get so used to them that it's normal for you to have them around. You don't even question them or ask yourself how they got here. You just accept the void that's now filled and you include them. Into your everything. I think some people would call that friendship.

I never thought of friendship, though. The first time I met the person in question I had everything in mind, everything BUT friendship. I saw dark blonde hair and green eyes that sparkle golden when the sun is standing right. I saw freckles all over a very straight nose and under those green eyes. I saw slim lips that didn't really express much, no smile, no grin, no pain or anger. A chin with a three day stubble. Broad shoulders, but a skinny person. Huge shirts; a cut off Nirvana shirt and a flannel shirt over that one, ripped jeans and naked feet. Hands sticking out of the flannel shirt with very long, rather fragile fingers. He had a relaxed posture, leaning in to me a little but he didn't look interested or anything else. I wanted to move him, not necessarily emotionally but I just wanted to see an expression on this rather handsome face. And with that thought, I also decided I liked the man in front of me.

That's how he stumbled into my life and I into his. We just stood in front of each other and watched each other examine the other one. All of a sudden he grinned, a broad smile with amazingly straight teeth and I could help but laugh. And then he also laughed and from that moment on...he was there. And I only noticed how much he meant to me, when he went away for a while and then came back.