⪯ - don't throw stones at me - ⪰

Gemini
============

What could one person possibly need with this many books, Jesse wonders as he idly peruses the multitude of shelves stacked with tomes and potion bottles. He already knows that Ivor is a creepy bastard, but now that he's in the dim basement room again, the man's hoarding habit seems more ominous.

He already knows what they're going to find, and doesn't want to drag things out. He still hasn't figured out why he's been sent back, but is doing the best he can to roll with it.

Aiden is standing in one corner of the place, standing up on tiptoe to examine several potions set on a high shelf. Jesse cautiously approaches him, wondering what to say.

When they went through this before, it was just himself, Axel, Olivia, and Petra. The addition of Aiden to this team has been...a little strange, but things are unfolding more or less the way they did the first time, so Jesse can't complain too much.

However, Aiden has already proven to be more than a little disagreeable, especially towards Jesse. There's a reason rivals are supposed to stay rivals.

"What are you doing? You find anything?" Jesse asks, a little confrontationally.

Aiden whirls around, glaring halfheartedly. "Not really. Unless you want proof that, aside from being a con artist, this guy is a major creep."

Jesse suppresses a smile at the knowledge that he was just thinking the same thing. Aiden waves a hand towards the shelf of potions. "Having an underground lair full of potions and suspicious books is one thing. But have you noticed that nearly all of these potions are something dangerous? Like, how many different poisons do you need?"

"Wonder if he's planning a murder." Jesse comments, only half kidding. Ivor may just be an old weirdo out for revenge, but Jesse wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be an even more nefarious character.

Aiden snorts disdainfully. "Yeah, no kidding." Then he narrows his eyes, propping one hand on his hip. "Are you actually doing anything? Are you searching for clues, or just patrolling around interrogating the rest of us?" he snipes.

Jesse crosses his arms, scowling. He didn't think anyone would notice that.
To tell the truth, he has mostly just been walking around talking to the others, but that's just because he already knows what's going to happen.

But he can't admit that, so he orders, "Just keep looking. We'll be out of here soon enough, and you can stop complaining."

Aiden rolls his eyes and makes another dismissive noise, but doesn't argue further as Jesse turns away, heading for the glowing potion that will trigger the events into motion.

Yes, it's certainly strange to have Aiden along with them. But...all things considered, he can't truthfully say he regrets it.

======

,,, Gemini is becoming my favorite catalyst, don't say a thing

he's one of the only ones with a truly interesting 1st loop, so you're gonna be seeing a lot of him in the beginning.