Prologue

Author's POV

I should really stop making more or I'll be very confused on which story I should be focused on ;-;

Matthew never saw it coming. Everyone never saw it coming.

Alfred's usual bright smile was nowhere to be found. His face was just blank with tears silently falling down from his sore eyes. Even Ivan tried to tackle the American away from the edge. His childish smile on his pale face was gone long ago after Alfred broke. He couldn't believe it.

"Alfred lad. Please stop it."

"It i-isn't worth it, A-Alfie. Please b-brother, step away from there and we can talk about it..."

Various voices followed their example and kept on urging the American away from the edge but Alfred just stared at them blankly as if he couldn't hear them at all.

Ivan's icy cold heart thump loudly when Alfred took a step back towards the edge. And another.

Once Alfred turned his back to them, everyone ran, even Roderich who knew he will never ever make it in time.

It was all their fault.

They never saw it coming.

They did this to him.

Just because they thought Alfred will bounce back to the usual ball of sunshine he was.

Alfred looked back at them and forced out a bitter smile as he slightly swayed along the wind. He spread his arms wide and smiled sadly to them, then he fell.

It was like slow motion to Ivan. Alfred's whisper was heard by him, but the others couldn't because of all the shocked gasps, screams of horror and realization.

Ivan saw Alfred's lips move, lipsing one word that he never wanted to hear from him.

"...goodbye..."

It broke him but Ivan still ran even when he knew his secret friend won't let him save him from himself.

Ivan knew that something wasn't right with Alfred.

He just never saw it coming.

No one did.

Ivan slammed his whole body to the side of the roof, almost falling down himself. And as soon as he reached the side, he stretched his arm down hoping to catch the golden teen in his grasp.

And then he let out a broken scream.