Chapter 7

You didn't feel any better the next morning. Your night had been sleepless once again. You had texted Jungkook another sexy picture with the caption "thinking about you" and he never responded. The whole night your mind spun with the reasons why he couldn't have answered. Was he angry with you still? Was he with her? Did he just happen to fall asleep?

Needless to say, you were going crazy. When did this whole arrangement become so complicated and so full of angst?

It even affected your work – but not really. You didn't have any slip up's or mistakes on set, but you felt like exhausted shit and you felt as if you looked like exhausted shit. You were unconfident and unmotivated. It wasn't how you would normally approach a workday. You had to be on top of your game everyday, but today you didn't feel on top. It was your last day on set as well and you had to transfer everything you knew to Sangwoo before your plane tomorrow morning. It had been a while since you took on this type of role and you hated that you appeared rusty or incompetent. What you hated even more though was being around Jungkook like this - afraid of him seeing your flaws.

But as far as you could tell, he didn't see them, because he didn't notice you, or look at you. You hated that the most. Once his hidden glances irritated you, thinking he was being to reckless, but now you wanted nothing more than for him to acknowledge you.

During break, you went to the bathroom and splashed your face with cold water.

"Pull yourself together," you said to your reflection. She stared back at you, giving you no answers to your problems. You ran your fingers over the dark circles below your eyes and huffed in annoyance, before reaching for the compact you kept in your purse.

Upon exiting the bathroom, you were so distracted trying to mentally hype yourself up that you nearly crash hard into a figure coming down the hall.

"Oh, sorry," you said as you looked up to see Jungkook. You felt immediately flustered. He looked back down at you, saying nothing. He didn't give you that cute, crinkled smile of his. His demeanor was cold, and a little awkward. It was like you were two strangers – not like you had spent months together crying out each others' names between sweat soaked sheets. What a contrast to the way you had been with each other not so many days ago.

"Sorry," you said again before you sidestepped him and took off down the hall back to the set.

By noon you were done on set. Most of the day's tasks were wrapped up for the weekend since so many were heading home before resuming on Monday. You had a final meeting with Sangwoo and, unless something else came up, you were free until your flight the next day. You decided to blow off steam – which may or may not have included day drinking at the cabana.

"We need to talk," you suddenly heard Jungkook say and he pulled a chair up to your table. You looked around nervously.

"What are you doing?"

"What?" he sounded annoyed. "We're not even allow to talk in front of people now?"

He was right. There was no reason you couldn't – so long as the conversation wasn't too revealing – but what else could you two possibly have to talk about presently?

"We can, just not right now," you tried to hush him.

"Everything we do is on your time, Y/N. I want to have this convers-"

"Jungkook," Kevin's voice came from behind you. Kevin was standing there smiling warmly with a beer in each hand. "We were just going to have a drink, would you care to join us?"

You looked back to Jungkook, your eyes pleading with him to say "no." You didn't trust him right now to keep his cool. Despite getting the message, Jungkook replied "sure!"