Chapter One.

THE SECRET DANCER: CHAPTER ONE.

§ Jasmine Taylor §

"Dad. You need to put the knife down. Please, you don't want to do this." I say to my drunken father.

"I want to kill him." he said between his clenched teeth.

"I understand Daddy. I really do. But doesn't mean you should kill Jakob. If you kill him, think about what'll do to to Rylie. What'll do to me. Think about what you're 'bout to do 'cause I know and you know, that you'll regret it in the morning." I say calmly.

Jakob really messed up this time. He just came home drunk and high. But that's not the point. The point is he just crashed his car, thankfully into the gate and minimal damage was done, but still. That could've been someone. Hey I'm pissed too, but I'll handle him later. Now, I gotta calm my daddy.

"Daddy?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Please, give me knife. Blade down." I instructed and he complied.

"Thank you baby." he says and gives me a hug but as he's giving me a hug I put the knife out of arms reach of him.

"You're welcome daddy." I reply.

"Can you take me to bed?" he asks drowsiness in his voice.

"Sure thing. I'm locking you in tonight again. Okay?" I say.

"Okay." was his only reply as we go up the staircase to his bedroom. We reached his bed and he fell asleep, clothes and all. I softly closed his door and locked it then I went to the front porch where Jakob is sitting in a lawn chair, his head in his hands and his elbows on his knees.

"You really messed up this time Jake." I sigh sitting down on the porch swing.

"I know-" but I cut him off.

"No. You don't know Jakob. I had to take away a fucking knife from him this time. A fucking knife! He wanted to kill you so fucking bad. But I had to bring Rylie into the fucking God damn conversation. You owe me... Big Time Buddy." I say hotly.

"How bout I take you shopping?" He asks.

"And?"

"And I'll let you use my card." he mumbles, probably hoping that I didn't hear him.

"And?"

"You can take Claire shopping too."He says.

"Yes! Thankyouthankyouthankyouuu!" I sing and hugged him.

"Is that it?"

"Oh no no mister. You're going to have to a lot more than that." I say teasingly.

"I guess I deserve it."

"Yep. Well, I'm going out. Be bac-" I try to say.

"Nope. Unless you're going to Claire's, you are not going anywhere." he says.

"As I was going to say, I am going to Claire's." I lied.

"Mmkay. Go, have fun." he says.

"You too. You stupid mutherfucker." I tease.

I start to head out to my car , pulling my keys out my pocket and pulled out my secret dance bag which contained my iPod with the stereo and some spare clothes pulse my tennis shoes.

"Why do you need your stereo?" my brother asks suspicious.

"So we can listen to music. Bye."

"Bye."

I head down the street towards the old abandoned apartment complex. I head up to my room.

Room D1011. (Delena1011)

I put the radio on the ground and went to my bag for something to change into. I picked out my short grey spandex shorts and my grey sports bra. And some grey Nikes to match. I go back to my ipod and I scroll through my Pandora. I choose my Chris Brown Station and 'X' comes on and I just kinda hip hop freestyle.

The song changes and Usher 'My Boo' comes up. I can't dance to this. It's to slow for me. I feel like dancing to fast music today.

I then choose it to my Enur Station and 'Champagne Campine' comes on. This is a fast beat song. Good.

I just follow the beat of the music and close my eyes not thinking about what or how I'm dancing. I just lose myself to the beat.

***

After I'm done, I'm super sweaty and tired. I change into my original clothes then repack up my things and leave the building to actually head to Claire's house near the lake.

I walk up the porch steps and knock on her door. Her brother, Tanner opens the door.

"Hey Tanner, is Claire here?" I ask. I'm just going to say it: He is really hot. And he has awesome abs. I've seen them. ;)

"Hey Jaz . Come in?" he asks.

"Carry me to her." I answer.

"Okay goodbye now." he says ready to shut the door.

"Tanner. Why do you have to be so mean? Claire isn't mean to me. Claire loves me. Unlike you, you meanie!" I say while pouting.

"I heard my name!" I heard her voice and rushed steps coming down the staircase.

"Claire!" I shout and shove Tanner out of the way knocking him down in the process.

"Jazmine!" she shouts back and we crash into each others arms.

"I missed you!" she yells. I just got back two days a go from a cruise that was a one month trip.

"I missed you too." I yell back.

"Will you two stop yelling? Damn." Tanner says loudly rubbing his temples.

"No!" we yell at him at the same time then burst into fits of laughter... the exact same laugh and everything.

"I swear you two were supposed to be sisters." Nicholas, Claire's dad says from behind us.

"Dad!" I yell at him before I jump into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist, burrowing my head in his neck.

"Damn Jaz, I didn't know you were into older men!" Ooh I'm gonna kill Tanner! I hop down from Dad's body and turn around ready to murder Tanner but it looks like I'm not the only one that's mad. Claire's face is bright red and I swear I could see pure Hell fire in her eyes.

"Says the one who flirted with Aunt Natalie!" Claire shoots back in my defense. I run into the kitchen, open the freezer, grab some ice cubes, run back out in the living room and throw half the ice cubes at Tanner and the other half I shove down the back of his shirt making him yelp, all the while I'm yelling:

"Burn Baby Burn!"

"Oh my God. I love that song. Burn Baby Burn. Disco Inferno. Burn Baby Burn. Burn That Mother Down..." she starts singing to herself doing a little dance to match and I'm just sitting here laughing recording her. This is soooo going on YouTube.

"Claire. You are going to be a YouTube sensation." I say to her as I post it.

"What?! Wait, no!" But it's too late. I already posted it.

---------------------------------------
PLEASE READ!!

(A/N) : ... I don't know what to say so... Bleh! Oh oh the reason why Jazmine calls Nicholas, Claire and Tanner's dad... 'Dad', is because Claire and Jaz have been best friends for so long that she just calls him dad. She calls her father 'Daddy' (perv' minded people, i know what you're Think'n) Oh and Aunt Natalie is Jaz' aunt.