Chapter 34: Disbelief

The man had been waiting by the door for at least a good ten or fifteen minutes before he heard a door opening.

Turning his head to look, the man saw him, clad in military clothes, serious look on his face.

The man before him stood tall, stance overpowering his own.

To be short and concise, he was intimidating, with his eyes like that of a man who'd seen it all and would take no shit from anyone.

"Oh, um... excuse me, I have an odd case to report. I just need a minute of your time." The man started, trying to get in as much as he could before the other got disinterested, heading the other direction.

He suddenly heard the taller before him sigh, turning around and saying, "What do you want to report that's so urgent you come here and disrupt everyone's work?" Eyeing the smaller like he was pissed that his day was interrupted by some peasant trying to tell something he thought was odd.

"Well... you see..."

"Well? Get on with it. I've got important things to do and even more urgent places to be."

The smaller gulped, scared at the aura the taller was exuding.

"I have reason to believe an undead has invaded in our sanctuary."

The glint from the taller's eyes had gotten brighter as the smaller man had stated it.

"Go on."

"I-I was just minding my own business one day while gate-keeping, and all of a sudden, these two boys came back from scavenging, at least that's what I believe it was, but there was a very odd looking one in the middle of them. It had a hoodie on, covering its face, and when I asked for its name, it said Jungkook. But when I heard it, it sounded dry... rough even? Like it hadn't had water in so long. I let them pass because it seemed human, but I was so wrong about that, and then it clicked when I wasn't gate-keeping. I believe they smuggled a zombie in... and I'm reporting this because I believe it'll cause great harm to everyone. That's it. There's my report." He'd practically rapper to keep the taller interested in his report.

The taller man, whose badge read as 'Namjoon', had what one could classify as a death glare sweeping across his eyes, making him look even more intimidating.

"Anything else?"

"No. That's all. I just thought it was urgent enough to report. I'll take my leave now."

And with a turn of the shoulder, Namjoon had walked off, waving at the smaller for giving him such important information.

The man had turned, walking down the hall once more, evil grin on his face.

Now he's got them in the palm of his hand, right where he wants them.

Making his way out of the door, he starts heading down the trail he previously used, less time and all that.

He realizes that he may have to let others in on it too, so they won't think he's crazy, which most of them do think now.

"Hey Minha, can I tell you something?" He said to her. She was in the midst of cleaning vegetables for the communal dinner later.

"Yeah, sure. What is it? Something about a random passerby again?" She'd asked, wondering about what his deal could have been.

See, he was never the type to talk about something, unless it was important to the community. Though, sometimes people would ignore him just because of the fact that he sounded unbelievable sometimes, at least while telling what he had on his mind at the time, that is.

"I've just reported something that could change the lives of everyone living here. It's a huge deal. Somebody could get hurt." He stated, hoping he could win her over as well.

But would she believe what he told her?

------

Hey... hows it going?

Please tell me your thoughts in the comments, and vote please.

Till the next💜💜