Chapter 8 - At The Party

I was already done with my shower. I had put my clothes on and was brushing my hair at the moment. My hair is a hell of a fucking task, sometimes it stays how it usually is, but other times it just has a mind of its own and gets all messy and shit.

I groaned trying to put it to place, but it didn't obey. "Ah fuck it!" I grabbed a finger full of gel and spread it on my hands. Then I proceeded to put it on my hair, making it my usual look. When I was done I brushed my teeth. I then walked to my room and made sure that I wasn't missing anything.

I grabbed my wallet, watch, and...my pocket knife.

I don't usually take my pocket knife, however I am going to a party after all. Who knows what could happen, so it's always good to be prepared.

Hopefully I don't get to use it...

I read my watch. 6:45.

It's still a bit early, but it doesn't hurt going anyway.

I wrapped my hand around my neck, then remembered that I had Lapis's necklace around me. I grabbed the precious stone and looked at it.

Ok....remember...ask her simple questions...simple questions..

I walked down to my living room. I poured water into a cup, and drank it in one gulp. I sighed, what in the fuck am I going to tell her....why am I stressing over this?

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket, 'Amy' the contact said.

I answered.

"yep."

"Yo P-dog, you ready to head to the party?"

"Mmhm, I was just getting ready to head over to your house."

"Good. I'm all ready so head down here when you can."

"I'm on my way then."

I hang the phone and walked to my garage. I unlocked my dodge with my remote key and got in.

As I started the car, my phone began to ring again. This time it was Pearl.

"Yes Pearl?" I answered.

"Peridot, are you going to the party now?"

"Yeah, I was just pulling out of my garage. Why?"

"I tried calling you earlier but you didn't answer."

"Oh...sorry I was busy with something..."

"It's ok. Just wanted to check up on you, we didn't really have any time to...you know, talk about your problem."

"Oh..that" I stopped my car, and killed the engine.

Pearl sighed, "look I know how uncomfortable it is for you. But I just want to make sure you're ok, it makes me feel better to know that you're fine. So please, say something when you're going through something. That being me, or someone else."

"Yea, I know. It's just...I don't feel like spreading my personal problems...I just want to keep it in. I'll eventually let it go."

"But that's not how things are. Peridot you've changed a lot, please don't let it all waste and return to being who you used to be."

I felt hot tears fall. The thought of my past brings hurtful memories and sad ones too.

"I..."

I heard Pearl sigh again, "I'm...sorry. I didn't mean to bring that up."

I wiped tears from my eyes, "nah..it's fine. I get it, you don't want me to go through this again."

"I just want to help you, not only me but Amethyst, and the rest of us. So please...let us help."