007

You were running along the path while you put your arms inside your white, thin coat. It reached all the way to your knees, Dazai said he was going to take a while to get there.

As you reached your destination, you already saw most of them already dead. The terror in your eyes were filled with the shadow of Odasaku killing them.

Running down the hallway to find Odasaku, a man put his hand on your ankle firmly. You stared at him while the man smiled.

"T-thank you. We appreciate your friend." He groaned in pain until, his eyes closed. His hand slowly fell onto the floor.

All you heard was the sound of guns firing at eachother. Opening the door, you saw Gide, and Odasaku shooting towards each other at the same time.

"Why save him?"
-Mori.

"Because he's my friend."
-Dazai.

Gide fell to his death with pleasure, and Odasaku had his hand on his wound. As you walked inside, you fell on the floor. Your eyes widened when you felt your heart being broken into pieces. The teary eyes, the broken heart, the traumatic experiences.

Dazai ran past you quickly. He knelt down picking up Odasaku's fragile body. His eyes were filled with hints of misery.

Odasaku was having a hard time breathing, and catching his breathe. He put his hand on Dazai's cheek, his eyes were filled with devastation.

"Dazai, Listen. You told me that you might find a reason to live if you lived in a world of violence and bloodshed. You won't find it. You must know that already. Whether you're on the side who kills people or the side who saves people, nothing beyond what you would expect will appear. Nothing in this world can fill that lonely hole you have. You will wander the darkness for eternity. Be on the side that saves people. If both sides are the same, become a good man. Save the weak, and protect the orphans. Neither good nor evil means much to you, I know... but that'd make you at least a little bit better. Of course I know. I know better than anyone. Because... I am your friend."

Odasaku slowly made eye contact with you. He never wanted his friends to see him suffer, and die. He continued staring at your face, oh your sadden eyes, the way you continued to stare in fright, it scared him. All he remembered was the way you smiled at him. One of the most loveliest smiles he ever seen. You were one of his good friends, and will remember the way you treated him. Moving his hand towards the light.

You were one of them.

Odasaku will remember the way you both talked about the books inside the bookstore, the way you would hit him softly and let out a simple laugh, and mostly he enjoyed being with Dazai, Ango, and you.

Odasaku smiled sadly, he stared at Dazai before his eyes slowly closed as his fire slowly ignited out. Odasaku's hand slipped down taking Dazai's bandage off his face gently. He stared in shock towards his dead friend.

I have one regret. I did not say farewell to my friend. To the man who was my only friend in this world I live in. He seemed to be tired of this world and was waiting for death.
-Oda Sakunosuke.

You both were walking by the Tsurumi river. The lights were quite dim then, usual. Odasaku was buried in the place where he wanted to be.

  You were able to put flowers on his grave while holding in your tears.