Flight

I opened the doors to my dad’s marble house.

“Daddy!” I shouted with joy.

“Pumpkin!” Dad replied happily.

I stopped in my tracks. He knew I hated having my brother around, and calling me pumpkin. I saw my brother peeking from behind the living room door. I glared at him in hatred. He stuck his tongue out at me.

“Dad,” I shouted “Tell Michael to stop sticking his tongue out at me!”

“Hunny, don’t tell tall tales. Now, you can leave your things here if you want, but make sure this house is spotless when I come back!” Dad said, turning around to see Michael sticking his tongue out at me.

Michael raised his eyebrows as he ran from dad who was now chasing him around the living room.

“Ah, shit!” I heard Michael say.

I sniggered as I put my bag in the hall and went for a stroll in the park, just outside of dad’s mansion. I saw my friends Elizabeth and Nicole sitting on the swing chatting to each other and watching the sky.

“Hey, Elizabeth! Nicole!” I called. They turned to wave to me. And then, without warning, from the corner of my eye I saw Tom, I hated him sooo much! He was so annoying, ugly and so… So… ugh. I can’t even describe him, he’s just sooo annoying. I saw him talking to my crush, Damon Carson. OMIGOD! He was sooo hot, and he was talking to my hated enemy. EWWYYY I feel like I’m going to melt. Not just because it’s, like 100ْc outside, but my crush was standing just a couple of metres away from me! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Okay… Okay… What am I going to do?! Ummm… Okay, just act normal. I walked over to Elizabeth and Nicole. Normally. Okay not really normally… I kind of waltzed over and I did a little spin and a land… is that really normal?!

“Hey! Rosie!” OMIGOD! Did Damon just call me? Urmm… what should I say? ‘Hey dude! Wassup?!’ No… I just gave up thinking.

“Hi Damon!” I smiled. He smiled back. *SCREAM* He smiled at me… I sighed

“You really love him, don’t you?” Tom asked

“Tom, if you really want to know, yes I do love him. Now, if you ever want to talk to me again, ask.” I said. I really don’t think that made sense because; 

1.    He Looked at me like I was wearing a clown mask, and

2.    Even I didn’t understand what I just said.

I thought for a second.

“You know Tom, just pretend I didn’t say anything just then.” I said as I walked towards Elizabeth and Nicole, but before I knew it, Damon was talking to them. Oh crap.

“Hey Elizabeth! Hey Nicole! Hey Damon!” I shouted, but shyly and I would’ve said it a bit more loudly if Damon wasn’t there. Nicole and Elizabeth turned and smiled, but Damon just looked and Nicole and Elizabeth, as if I wasn’t even there. I frowned at Nicole, and Elizabeth must have seen me because she mouthed ‘He’s a bit upset’ I walked faster than usual as I saw this. ‘What’s the matter’ I tried to mouth back, but neither Nicole or Elizabeth saw that time, so I tried to find out by listening to the conversation, but just then I got a text from Nicole saying ’Stay back!’

I frowned at Nicole and she rolled her hands over each other as if to say 'There's more' So I read my new text off of her. 'He just told me something really interesting, he's a vampire!' I read.