Light in the Darkness

Damon’s Story

I felt hair on my arm. I looked at the only person in my life in that moment in time. Eve White. She turned to me and smiled. I smiled back. What just happened?

“That was great.” Eve whispered.

I frowned. She had a puzzled look on her face. As she jumped of the bed and put her jeans on, I could hear her weeping.

“Evie, wait.” I said as if I were still half asleep. She spun around and my cold hand on her bare shoulder. I see the hatred in her eyes, and the crackled tone in her voice gave away straight away that she had been crying. I knew that what she was going to say next would not be a joke.

“I knew you were one of those guys. I just knew it. I always knew you would be like that. We are over.”

She put her shirt on and picked up her bag and left me. Alone in my room. Speechless.

Eve’s Story

I hated him. I hated his guts. His relations. Anyone and Everyone somehow connected to him in a way. I hung my head low, dragging my feet behind me as I thought of all the things we’ve gone through. Together. I shudder at the thought that I actually loved him.  I look at the time on my phone. 3:04. I shudder not just because of the cold air, but also because of the wallpaper on my phone. It’s a photo of me and Damon kissing. I shudder again as I reach into my bag to try to get my house keys. I can’t feel them. I unlock the screen on my phone so I can get longer light and I start rummaging through my bag trying to find it, just as I remember that I left my keys at Damon’s house.

“Crap!” I shout out loud, just and a masked man comes out behind me, grab’s me and throws me into his van. I can’t see anything. Just darkness.

Damon’s Story

I hear the TV blaring downstairs. I check the time on my phone. 8:09.

“UGH.”I grunt

I change my clothes and walk down stairs to stop cold of the reporter’s voice.

“-has been kidnapped. Police are suspecting that these two people-“ The TV changes to show two people’s faces that are very familiar.

“Hey mum, isn’t that one guy Juliette’s husband?” I ask mum.

“Yes. Yes it is.” Mum says.

The reporter carries on. “-residents near 2409, Abbey Road are advised to stay clear of there at times of 1am to 4am, and are also advised to stay away from silver vans with the registration plate of WJ03 Z09. More stories tonight-“

And then the guy just blabbers on about this ‘humongous’ storm in America. BORING!!! Just then, I see a silver van with the registration plate WJ03- I can’t see the rest. I see the man coming to the door with a toolbox in his hand.

“Oh, that’s just the electrician.” Mum says, calmer than usual.

We lived a couple of blocks away from 2409 Abbey Road. I catch the ‘electricians’ eye. I wonder, is he the kidnapper? The one who kidnapped Eve? Was it even Eve who they were talking about. There were too many questions running through my head to notice the doorbell ring. I went upstairs to see if I could see the registration plate better. Mum went to answer the door and the conversation between Mum and the guy went like so:

 Mum: Hi. Are you the electrician?

Guy: Hello. Yes I am. I have come to-

Mum: Check the heater?

Guy: Yes, can I come in?

Mum: Yes, of course! May I ask, what is your name?

Guy: Steven. Steven Greenwich.

Mum: Oh what a lovely name!

Guy: Thank you ma’am.

Mum: Sorry, I’m keeping you. Please, come in!

 Just then I heard footsteps going into the living room. I shot upstairs to check the registration plate, and sure enough I saw it. It made my head ache. WJ03 Z09. Just then I heard a scream and footsteps running out of the door. I ran down the stairs to see my mums head bleeding. I ripped the phone out of my pocket to call 999. A female voice came onto the phone, but it wasn’t the emergency services.

“Welcome to Orange pay-as-you-go. I’m sorry but you do not have enough credit to make this call. To top up with a vou-“ I cut her voice off mid-sentence. I wasn’t in the mood for this crap. I threw my phone on the floor and ran for the house phone, and dialled 999. I finally got to the emergency services.