When the Villain Falls - LAMP/CALM

"Accepting Anxiety" was not a magical fix to all their problems.

It didn't stop the nerves that each of the sides felt around Virgil.

It didn't stop the antagonizing of him almost every opportunity. It didn't stop the multitude of arguments that still arose in nearly every conversation.

Today was no different. And an argument between Roman and Virgil? Practically an everyday occurrence. Though it was never a pleasant one, evident by the loss of hope to fight in both Patton and Logan's eyes as they watched.

"Its a once of a life time opportunity! If Thomas doesn't do it now, he may never get the chance again!"

"If he fails, this will completely ruin his chances of going anywhere in the acting world! This director is a big deal, he's nowhere near ready for an audition like this!"

By this point, their volume had gotten too loud to hear Thomas' attempts at calming them down. Logan attempted to calm down Virgil, and Patton focused on Roman, but to no avail. This time, things seemed to escalate far faster, and in a matter of minutes Virgil was on his feet and shoved Roman backwards. "Why can't you just listen to me for once in our fucking life?? Maybe I should duck out again for real this time and that would teach you!" Logan had grabbed Virgil's arms, much to his frustration as he struggled to get away.

Roman was too strong for Patton to hold him back and they both knew it. There was no stopping Roman as he spit out a lyric from one of their favorite musicals, returning the shove even stronger.

"You could be dead for all I care! When the villains fall, the kingdoms never weep."

Silence. Over the entire room.

All eyes were on Roman as he took deep breaths. Slowly, the realization began to hit as his eyes widened. But by then, the attention was back on Virgil, who's makeup had running following the track of his tears. "...Fine." With a shove to get away from Logan and a snap of his fingers, Virgil was gone.

And then the room erupted into chaos once more.

Patton was the first to speak up. "Roman! Do you have any idea what you just did?" The fanciful side could only stutter as he stepped back away from the two sides who only seemed to grow angrier as they walked closer.

"Have you not learned a single lesson lately?"

"My kiddo could be hurt! You have to find him and apologize!"

And all the while, Roman tried to justify himself. But how could he? The damage was already done.

"I-I wasn't thin-" "You never do! You always act before taking any thought, you're reckless and careless."

"I didn't mean-" "What else could you have meant? You really hurt him..."

This process continued for several minutes, and over time Roman's arguments began to fall apart on themself. There was nothing he could say to convince them that he truly hadn't wanted to hurt Virgil. Musical references, Disney references... They were an unconscious decision. Those words... He never would have created them from his own mind. How could he admit that he made a mistake? When Thomas expected him, needed him to be the perfect, flawless prince he was? Too wrapped up in his own thoughts, Roman didn't notice that Patton had left his side and was holding onto Thomas until it was too late. "Kiddo... Kiddo, you're doing great, just keep breathing."

Those words snapped both Logan and him out of it, as they noticed Thomas doubled over on the floor, struggling to breathe. Logan spoke the thought both of them had. "Panic attack... Virgil wouldn't do this on purpose. He's in trouble." Roman ran to try and calm Thomas, but Logan stopped him. "You need to go find Virgil and apologize. Patton and I will stay." It was said with such a tone of finality that Roman had no ability to protest, allowing Logan to join Patton on the floor.