[9] summer lovin

Arizona had enjoyed the past few weeks she had spent with Mike, the two of them inseparable since she had moved into the guest room across the hall from Mike. His grandparents were more than happy to allow the girl to move in, as long as she helped out, and Arizona obliged. She had no problem helping Mike with his morning chores, and spending the rest of the day doing whatever she wanted with the boy she had grown so fond of.

Currently, the pair were sprawled across Mike's bed, laughing at terrible jokes and enjoying each other's company. Suddenly, Mike's voice filled the comfortable silenced that had settled between them.

"So, we never talked about the other day..." he began, and Arizona sat up and stared at him in confusion. A moment passed before she caught on to what he was talking about.

"I-I mean we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," Mike said, hoping he didn't make her uncomfortable, but she only smiled and placed her hand on his.

"No, it's fine Mike," she laughed.

"We kissed and said we liked each other, what else is there to talk about?" Arizona asked, but she already knew the answer.

"Well, I just want to know what that means for us. Are we friends, or are we more?" Arizona thought Mike's response for a moment, taking in the end of his sentence.

"Well do you want to be more?"

"I don't care Ari, I just want to be with you, in any way I can."

Her heart did flips, and a blush danced its way across her face. She grabbed his hand and kissed him, and he didn't waste time kissing her back.

"I'm 100% fine with being more than friends Mike," Arizona confirmed, once the two broke apart.

Mike smiled and said, "Let's make this official. Will you, Arizona Colburn, go out with me?"

"Of course," she answered with a laugh and kissed him once again.

"You're the only good thing in this horror show of a town," Arizona told Mike.

"I wouldn't want anyone else by my side to face a killer clown."

--

Arizona sat in bed, reading one of the books Ben had given her on the history of Derry. Mike was out doing deliveries and she didn't feel like going with him.

All of a sudden, the book flew out of her hands and the clown stepped into view.

"Don't scream, I just want to have a little chat with you," Pennywise said, and Arizona couldn't do anything in response. Her body freezes up every time she lays eyes on the figure of horror standing before her.

"You Losers think you can stop me, but you can't do anything. What power does your group hold? Just accept fate and move along. Beverly has, why can't you?" it taunted, and Arizona's heart dropped.

"W-what did you do with Bev," Arizona managed to ask and the clown just laughed.

"She's going to float, and soon, you'll float too," it threatened, and then disappeared as if it was never there.

Arizona put her shoes on and ran out of the house, quickly making her way to Beverly's apartment. She tried to convince herself that Beverly was fine, and the clown was just messing with her, but she never fully believed it. When Arizona finally arrived at the apartment complex, she saw Bill standing outside.

"Bill," she called out, hoping he didn't ignore her after the whole argument that occurred a few weeks ago.

"O-oh hey A-arizona, what are you doing here?" he greeted.

"Something's wrong. Pennywise, he said something about Beverly floating too." Arizona admitted. The boy's eyes widened and Bill immediately ran up the stairs to Beverly's apartment, Arizona following behind him. They slowly made their way through the dark apartment, calling Beverly's name a couple times. The duo didn't see anything that hinted foul play until they reached the bathroom. Arizona's stomach dropped at the sight of Alvin Marsh lying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. He seemed to be alive, but just barely.

"L-look," Bill cautioned, and Arizona directed her attention to the ceiling. Her worry for Beverly increased at the sight of the bloody message written across the ceiling.

"'You die if you try', die if we try what?" Arizona questioned, but she didn't receive an answer from Bill, only a plan of action.

"W-w-we need t-to get the o-others. W-we need t-t-to save h-her."

"Y-yeah. I'll get Eddie and Mike. You get the rest," Arizona agreed and the two left the apartment, heading to find the others.

--

Arizona watched as Mike grabbed one of the guns they used to kill the sheep, hoping he wouldn't have to use it. As they walked to the front of the house, Mike could sense that Arizona was nervous and all he could do was wrap his arms around her.

"What if we don't make it out Mike, what if It kills us," Arizona worried.

"Hey, we will be okay. We have each other, and that's enough." Mike assured her.

"I don't want to lose you," Arizona whispered.

"You won't Ari, I promise."

Arizona nods before saying, "In case we don't make it out, I need to tell you something. We might be young, but I haven't ever really cared for anyone the way I care about you. Maybe its naive if I say this, but I think I love you. Wait, I know I love you. You are my lifeline, my anchor, my one true happiness in life and I love everything about you from your personality, to your smile, to your sense of humor. You, Mike Hanlon, are the love of my life and I can't imagine my life without you."

"Well Arizona, I think you summed up how I feel about you too. I love you Ari," Mike beamed and kissed her. They were interrupted my someone clearing their throat behind them.

"Now I know why Arizona moved in," Richie joked, and Eddie elbowed him in the ribs.

The young couple both looked down in embarrassment before grabbing their bikes and following behind their friends.

As the Losers got closer to Neibolt, Arizona's anxiety increased. She felt like she was losing control of her future because she knew her life could end in that crumbling house. Still, she fought every urge to turn back once they arrived.

"Guys spikes," Bill noted, and the group all looked around for something to use. Arizona stifled a laugh as Richie broke a beer bottle, which ended up becoming a poor excuse for a weapon.

"I don't see anything in your hand Colburn," Richie sneered and Arizona rolled her eyes and picked up a loose fence post off the ground.

"R-ready?" Bill asked, and everyone nodded.

As the Losers walked up the stairs, Arizona felt like someone was watching them. She glanced around the property, and saw nothing. Probably just the house again.

What Arizona failed to notice was the blue car she knew so well sitting beside the house, with a force of vengeance sitting inside.

-

word count: 1187

hi guys, its been a minute hasn't it?? i missed my girl so here i am, writing. sorry for lack of updates, school is so stressful but i am making time to write because this book is almost over!! there will be at least two or three chapters left, and i want to make them as good as possible.

but while you wait, why don't you hop over to my new social media fic called "the art of adulting" it has arizona and the losers, as well as my friend's OCs and its a fun time and will make you laugh

this wasn't proofread so sorry for any mistakes,,,i will proofread this entire book once it is completed