19

"Where the party at?"

Jaylen POV

  "Kaiba or Yugi?" "Aht aht. Go wash yo ass first then I'll answer." "OK dad." he grumbled as he grabbed his things and headed to the bathroom. I grabbed my bags and started to put my things away. I think we should be good for a moment. Now I just need a job, I'm not trynna spend all that money while I'm here. I still have school coming up. I snapped out of my thoughts and  walked back into the living room. "Did you see your boy shoot that 3?" he asked, scaring the hell outta me. "Nigga announce yourself. Shit." I said grabbing my chest. He sucked his teeth. "Man this my crib. If you don't get your scary ass on." he said grabbing the bags from me an walking into the kitchen. 

  "Punk ass." I mumbled as I took a seat on the couch. "You mad?" he asked as I turned my head slowly in his direction. "Stay mad then." he said as I laughed. "That was so corny." "It got you to laugh so mission accomplished." he said. "Yeah yeah yeah." "So back to the question at hand. Kaiba or Yugi?" "Yugi hands down. He has more of a balance between the two whereas Kaiba focuses more on power. That's his down fall." I finished as he nodded his head. "Good point." Now that the ice breakers was done. Let's get to the real questions. "Who's Kayla?" I began. "Some girl I talk to. She's not the jealous type or anything so you don't gotta worry about drama from her." he said as I nodded my head. "Where are you from and how did you get here?" he asked as I quickly tried to formulate an appropriate answer. 

  "Jersey and the city was getting to dangerous so I decided to pack my shit up and get on the first plane out. Didn't really have a set destination so here I am." I laughed as he stared at me. Please believe that lie. "Uh OK. Makes sense. Do you have any family?" "No. They're all over but none are here." I said as he nodded. "Explains why you were sleeping on a bench." "Speaking of benches, why did you take me in the first place?" I asked as he scratched his neck. "To be honest, I really don't know the exact reason why. Of course I could've minded my business and continued to jog but when I saw you laying there, I felt bad because from the looks of things, you clearly didn't have family or any personal belongings. Let alone a place to stay, so something just said give him a place to stay. Now I'm not gonna front, I was thinking about kicking you out the next day but I then thought back to you maybe not having anyone and decided against it. P coming here only made things worse. So I had no choice."

  "Well I thank you for letting me stay here. I really do appreciate it." "No problem. Besides you seem pretty chill." he said as I laughed. "So what do you do for a living? This place is pretty nice and expensive. You not a drug dealer are you?" I said as he laughed. "Nah I'm not a drug dealer. I'm a stock trader." he said as I raised my eyebrows. "Well alrighty then black wolf on wall street. That's impressive!" I said as he smiled. "So have you ever seen the New York Stock exchange in person?" I asked him. "Yeah a few times to be exact. I'm not gonna lie though, this shit can get stressful. So if you hear me yelling one day, it's because of that." he said as I laughed but took a  mental note. "What did you use to do for a living?" "Be a whore." I said as he stared at me. "For men." I said as his mouth dropped open. I instantly started laughing. "I'm just fucking with you. Your face was priceless." "That shit ain't funny. You almost had a nigga concerned and shit." he said clutching his heart. Funny thing is, that was actually what I was. Involuntarily of course.

  "I used to work in a bakery though." I said recalling the job I had before I met that bastard. "So you know how to make some sweets? Aww shit I done lucked up and got the plug. Now when I get high, I ain't gotta worry about buying shit from the store." he said jumping for joy. "Now first of all, I didn't sign up for that and second, I don't know if I still got it like that." I said laughing. "Well we just gonna have to see then. Do you plan on looking for work out here?" "He asked as I nodded my head. "Yeah. Can't sit here and wait for you all day. Besides you and Kayla might be doing the nasty. I ain't trynna hear no live action porn." I said as he bust out laughing. "Well at least you got some respect." he said as I laughed. "Oh and I'm also a Dietitian. I just do trading on the side." "Oh wow. You got money money huh? Does the schedules every clash with each other?" I asked genuinely interested. "Nah. Seeing as though I can trade whenever I want, I typically do that when I'm done my actually job. P is also a Dietitian. We work together." he said as I nodded my head.