In the name of love

Chapter 13 - Oliver

'I like you so so so so much like you cannot even believe.' Did I just say that out loud?

'Wel-'

'Ssh I have more to say first. When we first bumped into one another, I was in a world of my own. And when we first kissed, I had no idea what my frickin name was, let alone what I was doing. But what I did know is that I loved hanging out with you and had such a laugh, more than I've had in a long time. You are such a cool guy, and you're awesome cuz you love my game, and something just connected. I wasn't thinking about relationships or about you in a romantic way. All I was thinking was how happy you made me feel and how honoured I was to make a friend like you.

When I realised you were my mystery kisser, I was shocked, yes, but also relieved. I don't think there could have been anyone else in the world that could have made me that happy in that moment.

When you fell asleep afterwards, I panicked. I had never done anything like that before, and I had never had those feelings. No girl has ever made me feel like I was having a heart attack and brain explosion all at once. I was terrified. Not because it was you or because you were a man. But because I had fallen a little bit for you and I didn't even realise.

I was so stupid running out on you and not waiting to talk but I did need time to think. I was so scared I was just a lay to you and I didn't want that to be true so I hid away from the world where nothing could get to me. I felt like I was dying, like part of me had been ripped away.

When you came around with my wallet, I was taken by surprise. I literally couldn't speak. I felt time freeze and my body wouldn't move, even though I wanted to just scoop you up and kiss you. I didn't hate you in the slightest and it broke me into tiny pieces when you said that and walked away. I thought I'd blown it.

And when you didn't show tonight, I came out here to remind myself of our first kiss, just so I could feel something, even if it was pain and sadness.

You have no idea how happy I felt when you finally did show up and told me you actually liked me. So yeah, I like you so so so so much like you cannot even believe.'

He didn't say anything but I could see the moonlight reflecting in the tears streaming down his face.

Chapter 13 - Jack

I was full on crying and embarrassing myself. That was the most beautiful speach I had ever heard, and it was all about me! I don't care if i'm feeling like a big girl at the moment, I challenge anyone not to cry after being told that.

There was nothing to say. He had said it all. I would tell him my side of it one day, but for now the moment was his. He wiped my tears away, one by one, the whole time just gazing into my eyes. I kissed him pationately, like it was our last kiss ever.

I felt a chill and he must have sensed it to as he started to guide me into the house, lips and foreheads still touching. We must have looked like right idiots but I didn't care.

After making out for a very long time (so long in fact, the house was pretty much empty of people), we called a cab and headed over to my place. I don't think more than 2 words were muttered the entire night after his speach. Nothing needed to be said. We just looked into each others eyes and got lost in them.

When we got in, we slowly took our clothes off and got under the covers. We just lay there, all night, staring and smiling like idiots. There was the occasional kiss - sometimes brief but emotional, sometimes full on soppy and long. Nothing more than that. We didn't need to. Tonight was just about connecting and finding harmony with eachother. Not about sex.

I don't know exactly when, but we both fell asleep holding hands facing one another. We woke up in the same spot, hands firmly locked together.