The Beginning Of The End

Fourteen days.

We had fourteen days until the world would end.

No one would believe this. I don't blame them for not believing when they were told the world would end before. There was no actual proof that the world would kill us. I mean, that's what everyone hoped; that the world wasn't ending soon.

I looked at the TVs through the glass, the words white on the black screen.

It said, "Emergency Alert System. We advise everyone to head indoors or underground. End of the world scenario. This is not a drill."

I read over twice, three, four times. No matter how many times I read it, my body didn't move. My brown eyes just stared at it, refusing to look anywhere but the words. Around me, people kept screaming and running, trying to head into any buildings. They pushed others, even jumping onto the cars on the street to run to buildings.

It wasn't until someone pushed me I could move again. I caught myself with my arms, protecting my face from hitting the cold hard concrete. The sirens weren't as loud as the screams surrounding me.

I pushed myself back onto my feet, trying to look around at my surroundings. People had broken windows to shops, broken down doors, some even just stood there, bleeding or confused. The once busy street was nearly empty. Listening to the loud sirens again, I tried running to the shop I was closest to.

As I was trying to run past the cars that people had left in the streets, I caught the sight of something bright on a building and had stopped running. I wasn't the first one to notice, as others stared at it, and some reporters had their cameras on the entity. One man even hid behind a car, watching the live news from his phone.

From what I could see, it took no definite shape but composed of red and orange flames. Some TVs I had stared at displayed the live recording of the mysterious shape. We stared at awe as the entity took a human-like shape; the flames grew smaller.

Except the where the arms should have been, looked more like wings. The flames disappeared and proved that the arms were a part of the wings.

As the fire grew less and less, I could spot that the figure had four arms, and eyes, which varied in color, covering most of every inch of skin showing.

The eyes stared in every direction, and some even glared at my two brown eyes. As more of the flames dissipated, the skin gained a golden glow from the sun, and his golden locks and eyes complimented their looks. From what I could see, the entity seemed masculine, but I couldn't quite tell.

I crept to the other side of the car to get a closer look at the figure. He, from what I could tell, wore a white and yellow ankle high dress. It flowed gracefully with the breeze and embraced his strong and tall stature. It was like every fold and wrinkle held a special meaning, held close by the golden belt around his waist. Even the once creepy eyes on his body looked normal as if it made him even more human somehow.

Everyone kept quiet, taking in all of his glory. He stood on the building, one pair of his arms crossing over his chest, the other pair attached to his glorious white and yellow wings, laid against his sides, his right arm holding an enormous sword.

Then suddenly, without warning, the entity began turning white at a rapid pace. My eyes widened, and without thinking, my body forced itself to hide behind the car.

A white flash passed through me, including the buildings. It passed through every car, tree, and other things. Through the quick event, I could hear screams of pain, then complete silence. I shut my eyes closed, pressing my back against the car door.

Air griped at my lungs, my breathing in too harsh. I started having a coughing fit as I lifted myself. I was coughing so hard that my eyes watered. The salted water fell from my eyes onto the ground as I regained my breath. The angel stood in the same spot as before.