Chapter 1

I took deep breaths as I walked across the airport, luggage in tow. I couldn't seem to calm myself down though, as much as I tried. I absolutely hated flying. And an eleven-hour flight to Paris was the last thing I wanted to be doing the day before Christmas Eve. But my mother had begged me to come spend the holidays with her and her new husband. I know that she only invited me out of guilt. I hadn't seen my mother in over five years and she seemed to have no problem leaving me behind after my dad got sick, so the fact that she was inviting me to come see her now really pissed me off. It only took her one year to get remarried and one more to have a kid. She completely cut me and my dad off, acting as if we never existed.

But I had no one else. So Paris was my only option.

Getting through security was easier than I thought it was going to be and I actually found my gate without much trouble. But even with all this good luck, I still couldn't help but feel uneasy. I had only flown two other times in my life, both for reasons I wish I could've avoided. The first time was for my grandmother's funeral in Florida and the second was for my mother's wedding in Paris to a man that I had never met before, a man that was not my father.

So, not only was flying absolutely terrifying, but it also almost always delivered me into an unwanted situation. I knew that this flight wouldn't be any different.

I waited to board the flight for about half an hour. I wanted to be early just to be sure I wouldn't miss it. I did not want to have to pay for another flight.

Once on the airplane, I couldn't keep my hands from shaking. One of the flight attendants smiled at me as I walked past her and, obviously noticing my nervousness, giving me a reassuring nod. I tried my best to return the smile.

I finally made it to my seat, far in the back of the plane. I looked at the man that I would be sitting next to for the next eleven hours and watched as his eyes moved up and down my body, stopping on my chest for a while before meeting my eyes. He smirked. "Well, hello there," he said.

Great. Just perfect.

"Hi," I muttered.

Ignoring the creep, I picked up my carry-on and lifted it above me to put it in the overhead compartment. Noticing that the asshole, who was currently watching me struggle, had put his suitcase in the middle of the compartment, I huffed, trying to move it with one hand as I struggled to shove mine next to it. Just as I had just about gotten it in, I felt hands wrap around my waist, touching the bare skin of my stomach where my shirt had ridden up. Thinking it was the man who had stared at my boobs, I tried to jump away but stopped as the hands tightened and I felt sparks run down my form.

I snapped my head to look next to me, feeling my eyes widen as I looked at the man holding me. He was absolutely breathtaking. He was quite large, looking almost comical in this tiny plane. His muscles strained against his black shirt and blue jeans, telling me that he must spend quite a lot of time in the gym. He had chocolate brown hair and dark green eyes that drew me in and a jaw that could cut through paper. His lips were luscious and full and I found myself unconsciously leaning in, imagining what my lips would feel like on his.

I heard a sudden deep growl and my eyes went back to meet his to find that he was watching me check him out. My cheeks immediately turned red, but before I had a chance to feel embarrassed, he spoke.

"Mine. Mate," he said, his deep, husky voice ringing in my ears. His hands tightened around me as his forehead came down to meet mine and he breathed in deeply. I let my eyes close as I basked in the feeling of his arms around me and the delicious sparks that were running through my body. I didn't even know that it was possible to feel this good. I felt his head move from mine as he nuzzled his nose into my neck. I tilted my head to give him better access and he let out an approving grunt.