Chapter 2

"What?" I looked at him once again.

"Are you going to Paris for business or pleasure?" he asked again.

Oh, right. I had almost completely forgotten where I was. My nerves picked up again, remembering that the flight was surely going to take off any minute. "Oh, um, neither, I guess. I'm going to visit my mother and her husband."

I must've been making a face because Grayson asked, "And you're not happy to see your mother and her husband?"

I shook my head. "No, not since she left me and my sick father to run off to Paris and marry her rich lover," I heard myself saying. I paused. I can't believe I just said that. I had never told anyone about my mother and now I had just told a complete stranger about her.

I looked at him. He had a pensive look on his face. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I said that. I promise I'm not that crazy person on the plane who shares her entire life story with the stranger sitting next to her."

Grayson looked deeply into my eyes almost as if he were looking for something and then he grabbed the armrest between us and moved it so it was no longer a barrier. I watched his movements closely. "Um... What are you doing?"

"Shh..." Grayson said. Then he grabbed my hips that were already angled towards him and tugged me so that my knees were touching his. The delicious sparks started to trail up and down my body again as his hand found its way under my shirt and on to the small of my back where his thumb created soothing circles. I let out a breathy sound from the back of my throat. His other hand went up to cup my face.

"You don't have to worry about a thing now," Grayson whispered. "I'm going to take care of you." He leaned down so that his lips were touching my ear. "You're mine."

I leaned back a bit so I could see his eyes. "What do you mean?"

He smirked. "I mean..." His thumb touched my lower lip. I gasped. "Everything," he kissed my eyelid, "about," he kissed my other eye, "you," the top of my nose, "is mine." Finally, his lips met mine.

My eyes fluttered closed at the feeling of his lips on mine. It was absolutely euphoric, like fireworks and explosions. My hands went up on to his shoulders and squeezed. His shoulders were huge and muscular. I let out a soft moan.

I felt him smirk against my lips and I paused for a second. No, no smirking. Smirking meant that he might stop kissing me and I really didn't want that to happen. I went up on my knees, never taking my lips from his and pushed my chest into his, basking in the sparks that came wherever my body met his. My hands went up into his hair and tugged his face closer to mine. He groaned in approval.

I suddenly felt his hands squeeze my hips tightly, then lift me onto his lap. My knees went on either side of him, straddling him and I pushed my chest against his as his tongue suddenly plunged into my mouth. His hands kneaded my hips and then went up grip my waist under my shirt, both his thumbs touching the underwire of my bra.

Oh, my God, was it getting hot in here?

Someone cleared their throat next to us. Like a light switch went off in my brain, I suddenly realized what we were doing. I jerked myself back, but Grayson tightened his grip on me, keeping me firmly placed on his lap.

I looked at the flight attendant who was standing next to us. "Sorry, Miss, but I'm gonna have to ask you to go back to your seat and put on your seatbelt. The flight is about to take off."

I nodded my head quickly, feeling my face turning bright red. I scrambled to get off Grayson's lap and, thankfully, he let me go this time. I sat down in my seat and quickly strapped on my seatbelt. The flight attendant watched as Grayson put on his seatbelt as well. She nodded and walked away.