Chapter Twelve: All It Takes Is Just One Chance

The moment I heard Katherine spilled out where David was, I wasted no time. I wasted my chance of grabbing him tighter when he ran away from me.

But now, there is no way I will let this chance go again.

I jumped of from dad’s Ford and drew his car away to Lahaina. I took Hana Highway in the early morning sun, around 7:30.

I drove as fast as I may, with only one thing in my mind; to get David back to Pe’ Ahi, before he flies off somewhere without leaving a trace.

It took me about 2 hours before I parked my car and set my foot on Kaanapali Alii Hotel. However, as I got nearer and nearer, I got nervous and more nervous on every step I took.

What if David refused to come back? What if he hates me? What if he’s really not in love with me?

Of course, I was scared of every possibility. But I’m already here. Destiny put us together, and now’s my time to prove destiny that I want him, more than anyone else that the world could ever give.

I walked fast, not minding the noise of the tourists. I walked to the lady assistant in the counter.

I took a very deep breath before I rang the counter bell.

“Um, miss, I’m looking for my friend, David Benson Barren. He took a room here probably last night. May I have his room number please?”

I tried to be as courteous enough to squeeze this lady any information I need, that other hotels would never give me.

“Um sir, we do not have a ‘Barren’ but, we do have a ‘Barrett’ here today at room 505.”

“That’s enough, thank you!”

I ran as fast as I could. I forgot to use the elevator since I was so excited to see David and take him back home. But a question popped in my head. What did that lady mean by ‘Barrett’.

I took those thoughts off away from my head first. I walked around the fifth floor of the first building, until I saw it.

Room 505.

I knocked hard and loud, as if I wanted it destroyed in my way.

The door opened fast. And I felt like time stopped.

I saw David, standing on the other side, wearing his robes. He looked at me with astonished eyes.

I felt that our breathing went heavier, together, simultaneously.

I felt my self blushing and my heart pounding. David is on the other side, and I have to make my move.

___________________________________

“How could you run away from me like that David?” I spoke, while pointing my finger at him, walking nearer and nearer, while David moved a step away as I took one going to him.

“How could you? Did you even know what you did to me? Did you know how it felt like, you, after I confessed, running away without a word? Do you have any idea that the night after that scene of you, running away, put my eyes and heart in torture? And did you know that it broke me so bad that I will always cherish that moment to make me remember to grab you again when you start running away from my arms?!”

I was exclaiming over the person I love, walking towards David as he stepped backwards.

Now, he was the one stuttering. I knew he was surprised of my sight. He could not speak, but I saw his lips wanted too. David’s eyes seemed to water, and his breathing went faster.

All of a sudden, David tripped off down the carpeted floor. I kneeled over and placed him between my legs. David’s look was so precious.

In a matter of seconds, I was on top of this beautiful creature and my arms supported me upwards, as I held on his wrists like cuffs.