22. Nightingale

The baby's name was to be Saylor if it was a girl and Peter if it was a boy.

"Both of those are beautiful names!" Charming and Snow agreed one afternoon soon after the family had arrived back at the castle.

Relief flooded Emma a her parents agreed. She was actually quite scared about if they would accept her child. No, she wasn't scared about the child. It was Hook she was scared that they wouldn't accept.

"Right, well, we'll be back before dinner. Hook and I were planning on going for a little ride around the kingdom." She smiled, dragging Hook by his hand out of Charming and Snow's view.

"We were?" He asked, confused.

"Mhm." Emma nodded, leading him down the hall and out the large front door.

"Oh! So we're going 'for a ride,' love?" He smiled seductivly, pulling her in for a kiss.

Emma blushed but quickly gave him a light slap on the shoulder, her lips pulled into a laugh. "No! We're actually going for a ride!"

Hook frowned. "Oh. Well why?"

"If you are to become a prince, you need to let the people in this kingdom see you as a one."

"Alright, love, if you say so." He shifted his weight in a nervous manner.

"I don't believe it." Emma laughed.

"What?"

"The all-great-and-powerful Hook is scared to meet the people of his new kingdom?"

"No way!" He lied.

"Alright scaredy cat, let's go get our horses then."

Emma led her partner to the horse stables and had the stable boy prepare two horses.

With some help from Emma, Hook mounted his horse and edged it forward.

Emma did the same until the two were riding alongside each other at a slow run.

"Where to first?" Hooked yelled over the loud wind.

"How about Nightingale?"

"Alright,"

Emma smile and kicked her horse, forcing it to take the lead at a quick sprint.

Over hills and through forests the couple rode, smiling all the way.

When they arrived, they slowed their horses to a steady walk. Small cottages and tall windmills rose above the deep valley earth. The air held no voices or children laughing.

"That's weird." Emma stated narrowing her eyes. She stopped her horse and dismounted. She en continued to pound on the door of one of the cottages. "Hello? Anyone home?"

Nobody answered. The town seemed vacant and abandoned.

"Emma. Something's not right." Hook narrowed his eyes, dismounting his horse.

Emma had already busted down the door and continued inside the the cottage. She rounded a corner and a savage smell hit her nose.

"Emma? We should go back and tell you're parents. They'll know what to do."

When she didn't answer, Hook went inside too. "Emma? Hello? Emma!"

Emma managed a small squeak. "Hook. Come quick!"

He rounded the corner of the hallway and the foul scent hit his nose too. He pushed Emma behind him protectively as his eyes traced to the floor.

There, with flies encircling around it, was a pile of human corpses.
____________

Thanks to @RachelmRandolph for coming up with the beautiful girl name, Saylor. I decided to keep the boy name Peter.

I have some good news and bad news.

Okay, the bad news is that this is the last chapter of this book! It's been so much fun to write this and have so many amazing people read my work!

The good news is that I will be making a sequel to this book, called "Nightingale," with a new antagonist! It will be set after Emma had her child and Hook and her are now married. So prepare for some major CS moments in the sequel!!

So be looking for the new CS book called "Nightingale!"