02. HOW YOU MET

02. HOW YOU MET

NASIR

Movie Theater. It was June of 1993 and you couldn't wait to go see the new movie Jurassic Park. None of your friends wanted to go but you didn't let that stop you from going on opening night. When you got to the theater, the lines were so long that you started to reconsider. But since you were there already you decided to stay. After waiting for 25 minutes you finally made it inside of the building. You stood in the line for popcorn which didn't take too long to get. As you were walking to your movie room, the men's bathroom door swung open and knocked your popcorn all over the place. Nas came out the bathroom and started to apologize. He insisted on buying you and new popcorn and other snacks. You learned that he was there to see Jurassic Park too. He sat next to you in the theater and you guys couldn't stop talking to each other during the movie. Eventually someone complained and got you both kicked out of the movie. When you got outside Nasir didn't want to lose touch with you so he gave you his number.

DEVANTE

Backstage. Jodeci was having a concert in your hometown and you just knew you had to be there.  You saved up your money so you could buy the backstage passes also. The day of the concert came and you put on the sexiest outfit you had in the closet. The concert was amazing and when it became time to go backstage you were nervous. You were in line to take pictures and get their autographs. After about ten minutes of waiting it was finally your turn. Devante caught your eye first because he was your favorite member. As you were going doing the line getting their autographs, Devante lightly grabbed your hand and smiled at you. Once you left you started to examine the paper that they autographed and you noticed that Devante left a message.

"Give me a call"
555-555-5555
-D.Swing

MARLON

At a party. Your and your best friend moved to LA and wanted to see how the nightlife was. She found out about a party at this upscale club and you both decided to check it out. The party wasn't what you expected it to be so you just hung around the bar and watched everyone else. Marlon took a seat next to you and sparked a conversation out of the blue. He made you laugh the entire time he was near you. That was the encounter that started things between you two.

WILL

At a park. When you were eight your family relocated to South Central Los Angeles. Your mother wanted to make sure you made friends so she took you took a local park with your younger brother. You liked to play basketball so when you arrived at the park you were excited to see there was a court. You walked to the court and noticed a group of boys around your age playing on one end so you went to the other to avoid being in their way. You were practicing your three pointers and couldn't seem to miss any. You heard someone clapping behind you so you turned and saw Will. He was so shocked at how good you were and actually wanted you to help him with his shot. You agreed to meet him at the park every friday and a friendship blossomed from there.

CLIFFORD

At the studio. Your cousin was an up-and-coming rapper and one day he asked you to come with him to the studio because he knew you would be honest about his songs. When you got to the studio a group of men were already there chilling. Your cousin informed you that they were a group named Wu Tang Clan. Nobody really caught your attention except a light skin guy with a scruffy beard. You didn't want to approach him in front of all his buddies so you asked your cousin to talk to him for you. Your cousin thought it was funny so he walked over to the guys immediately. You watched the interaction and noticed Clifford was checking you out from afar. He got up and walked towards you.

"If yo' cute ass wanted to get to know me all you had to do was ask."