Chapter Ten

My skin is burning. I'm literally on fire. But at the same time it's cold. Really cold. And I'm somehow moving. My legs aren't working though. I open my eyes. Dabi is carrying me. His smell is filling my nose since I can't move any part of me right now. It's the sweet smell of fire. I breath it in even more. It has a calming effect.

We are not in that building anymore. The sky is dark but at least I can see the sky. That's something. Himiko stops, so does Dabi. We have arrived at the LOV building. They enter. Himiko goes to the direction of the bar. Dabi doesn't walk there, but through a tunnel until we reach my bedroom. He opens the door. Everything is the same. Dabi pulls the covers of the bed off and puts me in them gently. That is disappointing. I didn't wanted him to leave me. I didn't wanted to leave him. He doesn't. Instead pulls a chair and sits close to my bed.

It is hot. Less hot. Still cold. Less cold. The chemical's effect must be lessening. I lay there. Just lay. If I start thinking now, I may never stop again. So I don't. I want water. I want food I want... What do I want? But I know what I needs. What I need now is him to stand up, lay next to me, and comfort. I need someone. I need him.

             - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  I have fallen asleep. When I wake up, he's not there. "It was my fault." I hear Dabi shout from behind the door. "It wasn't, no one could've known it was acid!" says Himiko. Acid theory confirmed. "You...you don't understand, I was there, I could've prevented it. I can't let anything happen to her."

   I get up. Walk to the door. Open it. "I'm okay." They turn to me. "Your skin is pink." Himiko says. Then leaves. Dabi looks at me.
"You should sleep."
"I just woke up."
"Check the pockets."
He leaves. Pockets of what? I re-enter my room. That's when I notice I've been wearing his jacket for all this time. That must be the source of the sweet fire smell. I put my hands in the pockets. A crumbled piece of paper touches my hand. I take it out and open it.

                             5 a.m roof

            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  I didn't wrote any Dabi related scenes in the last chapters. So there you go. ;)