Chapter 4 ‹Family Doctor›

The Sohma family's doctor was coming around later today. It was the weekend and I had to call in sick to work since I still couldn't walk all that much. 

"Oh you're going to love Hatori, he's a great doctor." Tohru smiled as we were all eating breakfast. I had to borrow some of Tohru's clothes since I only had my school uniform on me. 

"I'm sorry that I had to borrow your clothes Tohru

"I'm sorry that I had to borrow your clothes Tohru." She shook her head smiling. 

"No it's fine, we couldn't have you staying in your uniform all day." Tohru was picking up the dishes as I unwrapped my leg. 

"Doesn't look like the bruising has gone down," Shigure said making Kyo tsk.

"And who fault would that be!" He shouted. 

"I'll get some ice," Tohru said as I was reapplying some ointment. A loud knock on the door made Shigure get up.

"That must be Hatori, I'll be right back." Glancing to Kyo's wrist I grabbed it.

"hey, what are you doing?" 

"It'll heal faster with this, just stay still." He went to move away and in doing so my leg went into an odd direction. 

"ouch." I hissed, tears pricked in my eyes from the sting. Kyo stopped moving and blushed slightly moving to let me rub the ointment into his wrist.

"I'm back with the ice. Oh no Kyo did you get hurt from the fall too?" Tohru dropped next to me looking at his hand. " Good thing you have (y/n) the nurse here." I giggled at her rolling my eyes. 

"What have you done Shigure?" Looking at the opening of the living room I saw the family doctor they were talking about. "Good morning I'm Shigure Sohma. I heard Kyo had a bad fall and you happened to be his pillow." Kyo hissed at the man.

"Hi, I'm (y/n) (l/n) although I'm sure Shigure already told you that." He silently nodded looking to my leg. He checked over my leg and Kyo's wrist. 

"Well you've done the right thing, the ice should help and if you're careful you can walk normally by Monday." I nodded thanking him after he handed a different Ointment to me. "This should work better. Apply twice a day. The same goes for you." He looked towards Kyo. "Next time watch where you're going." When Hatori stood Kyo looked pissed once again.

"It wasn't me goddamit." 

"Ah yes, that other problem." Shigure pushed Kyo into me again so I fell backwards. "He's not transforming." I sighed opening my eyes to see Kyo right near my face. 

"Would you stop that!" Kyo shot up about to attack Shigure.

"That's impossible," Hatori whispered out making everyone stop. The man looked at me almost horrified. 

"What do you mean, there should be some explanation otherwise how could this happen I mean..." Tohru started rambling once again and I weakly smiled at her when she helped me sit up. 

"Well, there was a myth. That when a Zodiac meets there true love they wouldn't transform. But that was told to children as a sort of story." Everyone looked between Kyo and I. It was the calm before the storm.

"Haha, I told you it was true love." Shigure burst out looking as if he'd piss himself. 

"Shigure! Stop it with all this true love crap!" Tohru had her hands cupped together looking as if she was about to cry. 

"Wow, this is amazing. It must be great to know the person you were destined to be with." Kyo went silent. "What are the chances that you meet the person who's perfect for you. Out of all the countries, all the thousands of people you two met each other. That's such a blessing." My eyes went wide and I blushed. 

"I'll look more into this." 

"Thank you, Hatori," I said and he nodded leaving the living room. 

"Well that was a rollercoaster, (y/n) how about a card game." Shigure held up some cards. Nodding I scooted closer to the table so the five of us could play the game.

\\\\

"haha, I win again." I grinned place four twos on the table. 

"What, how did you do that! You're definitely cheating!" Kyo shouted gaining a glare from Yuki.

"Or you're just a sore loser."  

"What was that rat!" It was Kyo's third time losing I sighed once the cards were dealt again. Another good hand really? Once the end of the game was near I looked to Kyo's face he's trying so hard. 

"Oh no, I don't have anything to win." I pouted and Kyo grinned slamming his hand to the table. 

"I win! Take that you damn rat!" I laughed a little slowly standing up. 

"I'm just going to the bathroom," I said walking slowly out of the room. 

"Hey look Kyo, (y/n) let you win." I heard Shigure shout out. Oh no he looked at my cards. I made it to the stairs and sighed walking up slowly. After going to the toilet I used the cream Hatori gave me before rewrapping my ankle. Stepping out of the bathroom Kyo was standing there with his arms crossed.

"You didn't have to do that you know." I tilted my head to the side. "Letting me win like that, I don't need help." I bit my lip and looked down.

"I just wanted to see you happy and you got to beat Yuki so it's a win-win." He didn't say anything so I grabbed his hand. "I need to put the cream on your hand... Kyo?" I tilted my head to spy his face. " Is this the silent treatment." I giggled rolling my eyes and letting go of his hand. "Well, I'll be downstairs once you've made up your mind."