Chapter 38 ‹School trip›

"Ugh, it's so hot!" Ashido groaned out rolling in the grass beside the picnic blanket and Kia tossed an icy pole at her.

"Shut your trap." She growled and Ashido stuck her tongue out.

"I think I'm getting sunburnt." Sati sighed looking at her slightly red legs. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I did give you sunscreen." I breathed murmuring to myself mostly.

"I swear the two of you are children." Hinata groaned out falling back. I spotted Kyo with Tohru and the others and sat up.

"Wait where are you going the break isn't over yet," Ashido whined and I blushed slightly as she grabbed my ankle.

"She going to see her boyfriend. Let her be." Getting out of her grip I jogged over to Kyo.

"I want a boyfriend!" Sato shouted, hopping over I smiled seeing a slightly down Kyo.

"Come on let's go to the temple. Hinata said the autumn leaves look pretty." His face brightened lightly as I grabbed onto his arm.

"Alright."

....

The others had walked off and so Kyo and I went to a small shop to eat something.

"Oh, this place has some tasty food." Eating some tasty Ramen I blushed lightly when noticing Kyo just watching me. "What is it?" I blushed more when he moved his thumb over to my cheek.

"You're clumsy today." He smiled leaning in slightly and chuckled lightly.

"Hey stop picking on me. I'm still eating." Kyo laughed kissing my forehead. I blushed while he gave me a lopsided smile leaning on his arm so I could finish eating.

"(Y/n) Kyo the bus will be leaving soon!" Tohru came running over and I jumped up looking to the time.

"Oh no, we're late. Come on Kyo."

"It's not my fault you're such a slow eater."

Letting out a long sigh when sitting down next to Kyo in time for the bus to drive off I was surprised we made it. All thanks to Tohru.

"(Y/n) where did you run off too?" Kia whispered in the seat behind me.

"Oh, I uh was with Kyo." She smirked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh had a little fun now did you." I gasped shaking my head quickly until Kia was pulled back by Hinata.

"Quit being nosy Kia." She spoke with crossed arms. Kyo suddenly placed a hand over mine making me look back he smiled warmly at me and I did so too.

....

Dinner was over not too long ago. It wasn't as good at my lunch and although it was almost time for bed all my friends from my class were fast asleep. So I snuck out into one of the hallways to look up at the sky. There wasn't as mentally stars in the city with all the lights. Humming a soft tune to myself I heard a door open and shut further down the hall. For a moment I thought it was a teacher and would have to go back to the girl's room but then I saw the familiar orange hair out of the corner of my eye. Kyo stood next to me.

"What are you doing out here?" He breathed looking out at the stars also.

"Everyone was asleep and I didn't want to sleep just yet." Whispering this when hearing another door open but further away Kyo tangled his hand with mine and in doing so I looked back at him.

"I had fun today." Nodding in agreement Kyo let out a soft sigh leaning in towards me. He's been more cuddly recently. It's surprising but I don't mind. "We should come back here before school is over." Biting my lip I nodded.

"Sounds like fun." Kyo leant forward more. Our shoulders touching just before attaching our lips together. A hand went to my hip turning my body so the kiss went deeper. It was relaxed, not rushed in any way. There was a moment where everything raised it made me light-headed but the moment ended quickly where there was giggling down the end of the hallway.

"Oh my god, they're making out!" I knew that voice. Sato.

"They're really going at it." And Ashido. I thought there were dead asleep. Kyo picked out on the prying voices and pulled back from me.

"I'll let you deal with them. See you in the morning." I smiled before turning with a glare. The giggling stopped as I started walking towards them.

"Holy crap we've been figured out," Ashido whispered.

" oh yeah, you have now get to bed before you won't be able to wake up anymore."

....

The girls have been none stop following us around. Saying it was all part of the experience although I didn't see stalking in the curriculum. It made me kind of happy that the trip was only one night and a long drive back home.

"Are you sure you're walking me home?" I asked Kyo as he grabbed my bag even when I said I could carry it.

"Yeah, it's fine. You said your mum is out for the court case right?" Mum was spending the night in the city for the court case that's tomorrow so I was going to be home alone for two days.

"Yeah, but you don't have to." Kyo shook his head starting to walk off and I followed.

"I just want to make sure you get home safely." It was sweet since I'd lived in my own for almost half a year with no trouble and yet he still wants to make sure I'm alright.

"Ok just please tell me you'll get home before dark alright." He chuckled smiling ahead of us as we turned a corner.

"I can look after myself." It was another ten or so minutes before the house came into view. Unlocking the door Kyo came in putting the bags down. "Do you have dinner here or?"

"Yeah, Mum has leftovers in the fridge I'll be eating." It went quiet for a moment and I bit my lip as Kyo went back to the door.

"So I'll see you at school tomorrow." Before he could open the door I grabbed into his sleeve and I heard him chuckle. Kyo knew this might happen.

"Stay please." I blushed looking to the side not sure fully what I was asking. Kyo grabbed hold of my hand kissing my knuckles.

"Of course (y/n)."