IV

"you dance like nobody's watching"

-

Spybar was pulsing with bodies. At times, I couldn't distinguish the hazy lights between the drunken people. But I wasn't worried, because I had a good amount of liquor in my system already, and Fiona's hip had been glued to my own for the whole night.

"I love this song," Fiona called out, her eyes growing wide. "Come dance with me!" My hand was currently placed on the dip of her back while we stood on the balcony, bent over the railing and watching the crowd move in tune below us.

After waiting in line to get in for twenty minutes, Fiona had immediately pulled me to the bar and had gotten quite a few drinks in me before dancing away a couple of hours away until we ended up here, taking a short break so one of us wouldn't pass out.

"Our break hasn't even lasted through a whole song," I protested jokingly. Fiona pouted, her touchiness making my head go wild as she ran her hands down my arms.

"What are you, chicken?" She teased, whisking her face close to mine while her eyes bore into mine.

I cocked my head to the side amusedly, nodding. I wasn't about to let her have the advantage.

"Alright, Fiona Gallagher, you win. I'm gonna let you get a head start though, 'cus I know you'll need it."

"Oh? And what will you be doing?"

"I'm gonna grab another drink, would you like one?" My finger pointed towards the bar. She smiled and nodded, stepping away from me and towards he stairs to the dance floor.

"Come find me," she blew a kiss before turning completely and disappearing into the crowd.

I walked over towards the bar, squeezing through a few people so I could reach the bartender who was rushing to multi-task. He was filling a cocktail shaker with malibu and filling a jigger with jack daniel's at the same time, still taking orders from people as he quickly switched over to a blender with gin-soaked fruit.

When I walked up, he took notice of me and smiled.

"Hey, pretty lady, what can I get you?" He winked and continued with his tasks, his hands having a mind of their own.

"I'll take two tequila sunrises and a melon ball, thanks," I looked behind me at the dance floor, trying to spot Fiona anywhere.

"Oh, two tequilas and one shot? Either you've just started or you've got a plus one?" He drawled out making me chuckle.

"I'm starting to get the feeling like I'm the plus one at this point," I replied making him laugh.

"It's going bad then?" He questioned, cutting a lime with precision before using a towel to wipe his forehead behind me. I continued to search the crowd as we talked, not seeing any sign of her.