preface

A particularly rough play sends upcoming hockey star Tyler Dewalt crashing through the glass. Disorientated, the first face he sees is the girl of his dreams. Will he be able to find her after the freak accident? Or will he be stuck knowing he'll never see her again?

&&&

meet tyler
(ty•ler de•walt)
played by mat barzal

Tyler Dewalt is a nineteen year old rookie, signed first in the 2019 NHL draft. He's only been playing with his new team, the Chicago Blackhawks, for a few months, but the rookie has already amassed close to fifty points in his debut season.

News centers everywhere are calling it. Tyler Dewalt is the next Wayne Gretzky. At this point, the rookie is rumored to pass legends like that of Alexander Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby by the end of the regular season.

You'd never know that he has the world watching him. Humble and quiet, Tyler is the opposite of his legendary predecessors. He doesn't brag about his accomplishments. He doesn't share his awards and trophies in a flamboyant fashion. He tries to give back to those who built him. He never takes the glory all for himself. He tries not to let the fame get to his head. After all, he's still just a small town kid from the state of Massachusetts.

&&&

&&&

meet halle
(hal•e finch)
played by sydney martin

Halle Finch is nineteen, and fresh out of high school. She attends prestigious Duke University in North Carolina. There, Halle is studying marine biology.

Despite being raised in Toronto, in a very hockey centered family, Halle knows nothing about the sport. Yet she is dragged to as many games as she can afford to attend by her roommate and best friend, who is an avid Leafs fan. While visiting their home town near Toronto for a long weekend, Halle is convinced into attending another game. This time, Halle is a close witness to the untimely injury of the Blackhawk's newest star, Tyler Dewalt.

After that game, Halle grows interested in the fate of the injured Tyler. Something makes her keep coming back for more. She wishes the sports star would notice her, somehow. In an attempt to learn more about her new crush, Halle follows Tyler on social media.

 In an attempt to learn more about her new crush, Halle follows Tyler on social media

&&&

disclaimers and author's note

While this is a story based on the Chicago Blackhawks NHL team in the '19–'20 season, there are aspects that are changed for the story (besides the obvious creation of Tyler's character). One instance being the fact that the Blackhawks had the 1st and 4th pick in the first round draft. Yes, that's unrealistic, I know. I easily could've gotten rid of Kirby, but I like him as a person and character too much to cut from this story. And yes, in reality the #1 jersey is retired by the Blackhawks organization. For my story, I have unofficially unretired it and am using it for Tyler's number.

The game schedule is also flipped up for a few weeks, but it falls back into place in January. At the point of writing (1/16/2020) I do not know the outcome of the Blackhawks with the playoffs (or if they even make it), so that part will be completely made up. ;) (bahaha or the season gets canceled because of nation-wide pandemic :,) definitely not including that)

While I do watch and follow NHL and its players rather closely, I do not know every little detail about what goes on behind the seasons. Much of what I write is based on interviews, YouTube videos, Instagram posts, podcasts, and other sources about being in the NHL. That being said, there are parts I've had to create. While I try to make these aspects as close as possible to what I think happens, they might be completely wrong. Such as nicknames for certain members of the Blackhawks team, how the boys interact with no cameras and no press, and the relationships of team members and coaching staff. I've done as much research as I can, but some nicknames have been created based on what other nicknames are for other players. I am always learning and finding out more tidbits about life as a Pro Hockey player, so there is high chance this story will be edited often.

I do not own or claim to own any of the Blackhawks team or anything related to the franchise. I own my characters Tyler Dewalt and Halle Finch (and fictional friends, family members, backstory, etc.) only.

Thanks for reading

please
VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE