six

will walked into the most stunning bedroom he'd ever seen, it had an impressive collection of plants and vines. it was like a picture straight out of every girls dream bedroom, "wow" will whispered. "this is gorgeous".

"thank you!" riley said with a grin, "matteo helped me decorate it, and by 'helped' i mean i sat in the corner and complained while he did all the work, you wouldn't expect someone like him to be talented artistically, but i genuinely don't think there's any way he isn't talented."

will tilts his head, trying to get a good judgment of riley and matteos friendship or if it was more than that. riley grinned at him and placed a white fluffy kitten in his arms.

"this is my new kitten! we have more in the basement, my cat had a ton of kittens a few weeks ago but my mom only will let me keep one and my sister keep one, and i picked this one. her names honey." riley talks fast, always with a smile spread across her face.

before will could even finish saying, "she's adorable", riley squeals and tugs on wills hands. "will! you should take one or two or however many you want, you don't have to pay! i want them to go to someone who i know they'll have a good life with."

will felt a smile spread across his face, he had ALWAYS wanted a pet, especially a cat, he was 100% a cat person, but he knew he had to check with his mom first so he pulled out his phone and texted her. she replied back immediately saying "yes of course hon, could you get two? one for you and one for el?" will grinned

"do you have two?" he asks softly. riley grinned and nodded.

"hell yeah i do, wanna come chose them?"

will smiled and followed her out of her room, they went down a twisty staircase to her sprawling basement where five kittens were sleeping in a large cage filled with food and blankets.

will approached the cage slowly as riley opened it, will sat on the ground, waiting for the kittens to come to him. the first one that came to him was the one he ended up choosing, it was a small fluffy black one, definitely the runt of the litter. the kitten climbed into his lap slowly and curled up on his arms, falling asleep again almost immediately.

riley smiled, "shes a girl, we called her shadow but if you wanna change her name that's good too"

will pet the kittens head gently, "shadow? i like that"

"great!" riley said with a grin, she sat down next to will. "shadow is matteos favourite".

"oh! does he want her?" will said, ready to give up the kitten in an instant to the gorgeous boy.

"he does but his parents would never let him have one, he would want you to have it" riley said simply, picking up a orange and white kitten and handing it to will.

"this was matteos second favourite, his names elton, i couldnt tell you why he named him that though." riley bit her lip, "i think el would like her"

will smiled, "thank you, and just so you know he probably named him after elton john, the musician"

riley crinkled her nose, "isn't he gay?"

"maybe?" will said softly, not quite sure if she meant elton or matteo

there was a knock on the door upstairs, interrupting whatever riley was about to say. riley quickly put the kittens back in the cage except for the two will was taking. she put elton in a kennel for el but let will keep holding shadow as they went upstairs.

riley threw open the door and standing on the doorstep was a very beat up and bruised; but still just as handsome, matteo.

_________
hi loves! sorry i was ia for so long i'll try and update more often now :)
~~~~~~~~~~~
what riley's kitten looks like:

_________hi loves! sorry i was ia for so long i'll try and update more often now :) ~~~~~~~~~~~what riley's kitten looks like:

what shadow looks like:

what elton looks like: