1;

Ryan;

I hurried through the halls to work

I hurried through the halls to work. I was 20 minutes late already cus my car decided to break down this morning. I had my drawing books in my arms and rushed into the room. Damn. The meeting is today. " Sorry, I'm late my car broke down and I had to Uber, but don't let me interrupt. Carry on." I took the seat next to my best friend, Justine, and sighed.

"Girl you look a mess." She whispered to me. I rolled my eyes and put my attention on to the speaker. He was a light skin, standing at 6'7 with a handsome smile. I couldn't help but stare. And no, I don't want him. I'm too focus on my career.

"And depending on the best looks you guys have created, that's who'll the lovely Korey will pick to do the fashion show with her and her company, ' LaFlavá ' the winners will get there own clothing line and make millions. We want unique, bold looks." he spoke. I was ready. If I get this gig, my life will change forever. "Any questions?" He interrupted my thoughts. "No? Great. The deadline is 4 weeks from now. Have a nice day, see you guys soon."

Everybody stood and gathered there things and went to there work area. I could not help but think about the fashion show. I had styles that I've created but never put out. I just don't have much confidence in myself to flop.

I walked over to my work section and instantly starts to finish my style for Normani. She reached out to me a few weeks back and asked me to design a ball grown kinda dress for her party she's having next week. She invited me plus 1 to come and have fun.

It was almost complete. But something was missing. I sat down in my chair and looked around as I started to think. I saw a sliver giant bow. Maybe if I take it apart and sewed it around the waist line. I stepped back and smiled. Now this is what I'm talking about. I checked the time and it was lunch time. I grabbed my phone and my purse and walked out of my work place.

I headed towards the elevators and pushed for the first floor. I stood there and waited. Man, I hate waiting. I looked over and seen the man from the meeting walk up and stand next to me. I glanced at him and held my breath. I didn't even wanna breathe his air. I could feel him staring a hole in my face. The old Ryan would've said " can I have my face back pls?" but I'm a changed women.

"Ryan right?" He spoke up as the doors opened. I walked on and he followed.
"Um, yea. Hey." I looked at him and smiled. The fact I never told him my name blows me.
"Sorry." He said. "I just seen you name on our list for Paris. I'm Nasir Parker. Nice to meet you."
Wait, WHAT!? Did I already win? Didn't he just say the list for Paris?
"It's nice to meet you too. I'm Ryan Jackson, but apparently you already knew that." I said and he chuckled.
"So uhh, you going to lunch? I would love to accompany you." He stated.
"Yea I am and sure you can join me. I need a friend." The doors opened and I walked off, Nasir followed.

I walked outside and he lead me to his car, he even opened my door to his 2019 Toyota Camry. I'm flattered. I got inside and he walked over to the other side and hopped in.
"So Miss Jackson, where shall we go to eat at?" He asked me, as he stared his car and backed out of the parking lot. One thing about me Miss Ryan Marie Jackson is that she ALWAYS knows what she wants to eat. And that's period.
"I have a taste for Shushi. That's my favorite food." I said with confidence.
"Your wish is my commend pretty lady." He said with a laugh.

This man is that man. I want a piece of this man and I will have fun with him.

—————-