ch. 16 partners for games&life

I woke up, and the arms weren't there, but they were replaced with the sweet smell of food.

      There were a pair of jeans, long sleeve shirt, and converse on the end of the bed, and they looked like girl clothes, so I put them on. They were a perfect match.

     I put up my hair and went downstairs. I looked in the kitchen and saw someone cooking. I barely realized who it was until they turned around.

    "Hey. I see your up. Do the clothes fit?" Trey said. "Uh, yea," I replied. "Thanks by the way."

     "Your welcome. Their my sisters. You looked the same size." He said and giggled a little bit. "Haha, perfect match."

     I walked to him and looked at what he was cooking. "So whats that?" I asked. "Oh, its eggs, bacon, and im about to make waffles." He answered.

      I giggled. "What?" He said with a smile. "Its adorable." I said and giggled again. "Hey, my mom dreamed of being a chef. You catch on." He said and giggled with me.

      "Its okay. Its pretty cute." I said and smiled. I went back to sit on the stool. "It'll be done in a minute." He said. I replied with a nod.

      He brought plates and the food over and set one plate infront of me, and one beside me. He set the food down,  and sat beside me.

      "So, uh," he began. "Sorry if this sounds rude, but why did you let him do that?" I looked up the stairs with a frown on my face.

     He said again, "oh, dont worry. Moms at work and April and Eliza are at the park." I looked back down at my plate and put down my fork.

     "I couldn't stop him." I replied. "Well then, how long has this been happening?" He asked again. "A long time, I guess." I said.

    "Why haven't you told anyone? Why haven't you told me?" He said concentrating more on me than his food now. "I told Abby and Sarah. Actually, they've known." I replied.

     "Did they do something?" He asked, sounding a little relieved. "No, I made them promise not to tell." 

    "Why wouldn't you let them help?" He got mad again. "Because it would've gotten worse." I said still looking down.

     "Well then why in the hell did you stay there? In that house with that man?" He started to raise his voice. "I... I don't know." I said.

     "Yes you do! You could've gone anywhere! To Abbys or Sarahs!! Or you could've gone somewhere else! Why in the hell-" he was yelling now. I started to tear up.

    "I dont know okay?!" I yelled back. A tear rolled down my face. I whispered, "I dont know." He looked at me and pain and hurt, sadness struck his eyes. He walked over to me.

     He wiped away my tear and the ones that came after that. "Hey, look at me." He said putting his hands on my cheeks and turning my head to look at him. "Its okay. I will never let anything happen to you again, okay? You are my angel."

      I hugged him so tight. I cried on his shoulder. He didn't care, though. He just sat there and comforted me.

     After the long hug and the tears, we went back up to his room. "Uh, you can pick out a movie. I dont have any chick flicks though." He said. I looked by his giant TV and looked at all of the CDs he had.

      His room was neat, for a hormonal teenager boy. He knew where everything was, and put everything where he knew he could get it.

     I looked down, and saw an xbox. Oh my gosh, I thought I would never see one again. "You have an xbox?" I said sitting up excitedly.