4. Don't Lie to Me

Kat's p.o.v

  I started at the window. I saw some gray August clouds floating closer to us. Dad always told me, that when gray clouds come, usually something bad will come with them. And that it will rain too. I placed Eliot's sandwich on his bed stand. Turkey. I heard the door open behind me. Eliot was right behind me. I turned around and crossed my arms. There was a reason I had walked in here. I needed to confront him, about that Tristan boy.

  "What are you doing in here sis?" He asked. I pointed at the sandwich on his bed stand. "Oh. Thanks. He grabbed the sandwich and sat on his bed. He quickly took s bite out of it. We were both hungry. I was still holding my sandwich. I put mine on his bed stand now

  "Why didn't you tell me?"

  "Tell you what?" He said while chewing some of his food.

  "About that Tristan boy? Don't you remember the promise?" He swallowed. Eliot looked up at the ceiling in thought, as if he was trying to remember something he forgot. I instantly knew that he was faking. He was definitly trying to hide something from me.i looked dead at him "Eliot, you remeber, don't lie to me."

  A long time ago, we both made a deal. More like a document. It stated that we both would never hide anything that was hurting us, never lie and never break any promises. We were both young, but I still that paper with messy ink dear to me. It is also in the little box under my bed, along with the note from C.Light.

  "Fine, yes, I do remember that deal." He awnsered, "But I have my reasons for not telling you." The tone in his voice made it sound as if he wished he wasn't here.

  "Not telling me you are constantly being harassed every day? Not tell mom or dad? Not mentioning you are basicly getting bullied at school?"

  Eliot's face slowly turned into a guilty expression. "Eliot," I said,"I know when you are lying to me, and I usually know when you're upset." He slowly put down his half eaten sandwich. "Please don't try lying to me Eli." His lime green eyes looked directly into my teal ones. He stood up.

  "I promise I won't lie to you again." He finally said, "So here's the truth truth, Tristan has been jerk to me since I was 6th grade. I didn't tell anyone, because he is my problem, nobody else's." Eliot sighed.

  "At some point he stopped targeting me. But not too long ago he decided to go after me again." His face turned away from me. He sat back down. "I guess I probably should of told someone."

  I sat down next to him. I leaned my head on his shoulder. He hugged me, and I hugged him back. I was angry, upset and guilty. I was also happy he told me this. But I could see why he never told me. I mean I was 12, what could I do for him? I could hear thunder outside. I heard soft rain drops hitting the window. A

  I then got an idea. One that would change a lot of things. One to this day I wish I never thought of. I stood up. Then I turned and faced him.

  "How about we make another new promise?" Eliot looked at me with a confused look.

  "Such as?"

  "We won't keep anymore secrets!" I held out my pinky finger, grinning. I hid my hand behind me just slightly.

  Eliot looked at my hand. Grinning to, he took his pinky and locked it with mine.

  "Alright, agreed."

  We held it there for a few secconds.

  I knew that this idea was babyish, but I had too. But I had crossed two of my fingers on the hand that I hid behind my back. What I didn't know was, Eliot crossed his too.

And this was when my trust with him fell...