Chapter 25

Danielle's POV:

"Simon, I swear to god if you-" I stopped as I felt water being splashed onto my face. I heard him laughing beside me. We had walked down the park and through to forest to get to a long river we used to run to when we were younger. It was like our getaway place. We strolled down by the edge of the river and As you may have realised, the devil that we call simon, splashed me.

It was a warm day at least, which meant the water wasn't too cold on my skin. However, some water got on my coat, so I took it off and put it to the side.

"Oops?" He said trying to keep a straight face.

"Why did I get the feeling that was gonna happen?" I sighed. "That means, I guess I'm just gonna have to.. You know." I said slowly edging towards him, while bending down, my eyes not moving from the river.

"Woah, wait, I'm sorry, don't do it Dani." He stumbled backwards grinning.

Obviously I wasn't going to listen to him... I took my hands and cupped some water in them. I twisted my body around and I quickly flicked my hands at him. I squeaked out a laugh.

"You are so dead." He said when he ran up to me and pushed me into the river.

My face arose from the water and I gasped. "Simon!" I yelled, he was taking no notice of my annoyance, he just kept laughing. "Come help me out." I sighed while I threw my now soaked beanie out of the water. He put his hand out and instead of getting out, I pulled him in with me.

"Wow..." He chuckled as he emerged from the water.

"That was like the oldest trick in the book Jesus Christ simon..." I couldn't stop laughing.

"I genuinely thought you were annoyed as well!" He exclaimed.

"So, where's my Oscar?" I smiled as I grabbed Simons head and pushed him down under the water. He retaliated by picking me up by the waist and throwing me back into the water. But I didn't let go so he fell over with me. When he got back up we were still holding each other.

Just knowing that he was holding my waist made my cheeks get hot, but we were extremely close now. Like really close. I looked into his heart melting eyes, breathing heavy just as he was. Every now and then I could see him glancing down at my lips, which made my cheeks an even deeper shade of red. Before I knew it I was leaning in.

And to my surprise, so did he.

I closed my eyes as I felt Simons soft lips connect with mine. It was like everything I imagined. His hands gently on my waist, I moved mine around his neck and pulled him closer. A few seconds later we pulled back for a breath and when we did simon backed away very quickly. Oh no...

"I'm so s-sorry." He stuttered. I was truly mind blown.

"It's okay." I said. "I'm sorry too."

"No I know you don't like me like that, I mean we are best friends a-and I'm with Lucy... I'm so stupid.." He sighed.

"Honestly, simon don't worry." Should I just tell him how I feel now?

"No it's not okay. Who am I kidding.. Why would you like me? Look, I've had a great day with you Dani, but I'm gonna go before I fuck up some more. I'm sorry." He sighed before turning around and jumping out of the river.

And with that, that was it. Mine and Simons first kiss, short but amazing.

It made me realise how much I liked him. It was completely different to when I first kissed Josh. That kiss was just from a game but just then, that was my first real kiss. It made my heart ache, knowing that that boy had a girlfriend, he had a life where I was just his bestfriend. Nothing more.

So now, here I am at the place where we used to play, where we used to talk about what we wanted to be when we were older, and now where we had our first kiss. Freezing cold, wet and alone.

*********************

Simons POV:

Once again I begin to question why I'm such an idiot. I have to go ahead and make everything difficult. I shouldn't have kissed her. I mean I wanted to, I wanted to so much. Unfortunately there are consequences for everything you do. I can't deny that it was an amazing kiss. I'm glad it was our first, but it would've been better if there was nothing to stop us. Even though I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me like that.

But what keeps running through my mind is that she kissed me back. What do I do now? Do I talk about it with her, or do I ignore it? I just don't want to mess us up.

I got home still soaking wet, upset and moody.

"How was your day?" Josh asked from the kitchen.

"I'm going to have a shower. Talk to you about it later." I rushed upstairs but soon saw Lucy sitting on my bed.

"Simon! Where have you been, why are you so wet?!" She said running up to me. I instantly felt guilty. I technicAlly cheated on her... I'm not that guy. I'm never that guy.

"I-it rained a lot when I was taking a walk." I lied.

"It's not raining.." She squinted her eyes at me. Shit..

"Oh really? Weird huh?" I said trying to make up for it. Wow simon that was pathetic. I think she saw right through me, she seemed to shrug it off though...

"Oh well.. You're back now." She smiled as she kissed me. No this isn't right. I broke it off quickly.

"Sorry, but I feel really disgusting at the moment. I'm just gonna take a shower. You should probably get going.. I'll call you later, yeah?" I said. That was horrible...

She seemed shocked. That came off as surprisingly rude. She faked a smile, I could tell she was angry.

"Okay, talk to you later." She spat. The last thing I heard was the front door slamming shut and I groaned.

Come on simon. Just take a shower. Wash it off.

Unsurprisingly, my shower didn't get rid of my thoughts, nothing could distract me from what had happened today. And I don't think my thoughts will be going anytime soon...

******************

A/N

DUN DUN DUN

They finally kissed! But will they regret it? Will Lucy find out? Guess you'll have to wait until the next chapter ;)

Thanks for reading!

Comment and vote if you enjoyed and...

See ya!

YouTubeGirl7