IV: Demigod

You know, I pictured that day going very differently.

I expected to wake up, maybe attempt the Daily Quest, though not go for the run, and hoped I got some partial rewards from it. I hoped I'd be able to speak with Nico and Bianca, reassure them that I was okay, and then spend some time figuring out the game system.

I didn't expect to be forced to a desert and be changed by Centipedes with poisoned fangs.

I didn't expect to have to do a 10KM run.

I didn't expect to be going into a dungeon and killing a bunch of Minotaurs.

And, above all, I most certainly didn't expect Alice Cymbeline- or Aiz Wallenstein as she called herself- to confront me on my way back to the hospital and tell me she'd come to recruit me.

"I'm sorry, you what?" I questioned. "Recruit me? For what?"

"Let me answer your question with another question," she said. "Have strange things ever happened around you, Percy?"

I immediately tensed, eyes wide. Was she talking about the System? But how was that possible, nobody even seemed to be able to see it besides me!

"ADHD, Dyslexia," Aiz continued, though she noticed I was tense. "Kicked out of several schools. Taken all together, it's a clear sign," she said. "You, Percy Jackson... Are a Demigod."

"... A what now?" I asked, feeling confused. She wasn't talking about the system... Demigod? As in, one from the Ancient Greek legends?

"A Demigod," she repeated. "Half-God, Half-Human. You never knew your father, did you?"

"What does that have to do with-!"

"Isn't it strange?" Aiz asked me. "How your father was entirely absent? Not even child support money, and your mother never tried to find or track him down for it, despite the fact she claimed they fell in love."

I hesitated... Yes, it was a bit strange. If they were in love, my dad should have been sending my mother child support money. But we never had any on it, which was one reason she'd ended up marrying Gabe in the first place.

"What excuse did she give you?" Aiz asked. "Lost at sea? Exploring the skies? Sticking to the shadows?"

I flinched hard when she said lost at sea. "How do you know all this?" I demanded, eyes narrowing. I was ready to take out my Halberd, she was clearly dangerous.

"Lost at sea then," she said, noticing my flinch. "If you doubt me, then here," she pulled out a water bottle and tossed it to me, and I snatched it out of the air. "Pour it on your hand while thinking 'dry.'"

I frowned, slowly uncapping the bottle as my eyes never left her. 'Dry,' I thought, pouring the water on my hand. To my shock, my hand didn't get wet. It was cool, but not wet. Completely dry. "W- What?"

"You are a Demigod, Percy Jackson," Aiz told me again. "A Son of Poseidon, God of the Seas."

[Alert!]

[You have uncovered information.]

[The Passive 'Son of the Poseidon Lv. MAX' has been unlocked.]

I gasped in shock, dropping the water bottle as I stared at the screen... Even the system was backing her up. My father was the Greek God Poseidon? No, wait, gods were real in the first place!?

"Why are you telling me all this?" I asked, suddenly questioning a lot of things. If my dad was a god, why didn't he help my mother out more? If he was a god, why didn't he stop Smelly Gabe? Why was he never present, never helping us?