Chapter 3

Stefan and Damon fallowed Matt back to the abandoned house just on the outskirts of the Mystic Falls boarder where Tripp was holding Caroline. When they saw Enzo standing at the edge of the wood line, Stefan got a unsettling feeling in his stomach.

“Welcome back Mate.” Enzo said, nodding towards Damon. “Sorry that your home coming is ruined by the mess your little brother has made.” He said, glaring over at Stefan.

“Stefan?” Damon asked.

“Oh he’s just mad that I staked him and turned him into the vampire hunter.” He said, slightly amused.

“Well I’m sure you had a good reason for that.” Damon said.

“I think he is jealous of my accent.” Enzo smirked. “And I might have killed and turned his girlfriend into a vampire.”

“That will do it.” Damon nodded. “So how did Blondie get herself into the mix?”

“Again, that one’s on Stefan.” Enzo stated.

“Guys can you fight about whose fault this mess is later? Caroline still needs help before that psycho does something to her.” Matt insisted.

They all nodded in agreement. “How many are we up against?” Damon asked.

“One that I know of, but he has had two other come in since he had me.” Enzo stated.

“Well then I guess easiest thing is bust down the door and break her out.” Damon said.

The two of them made their way through the woods towards the house, Matt stayed back. Stefan stopped at a window and peaked threw the crack in the boards to see Caroline chained to the floor. He noticed Tripp across the room across from the door and signaled to Damon. Damon nodded in return.

Caroline laid on the floor trying to keep calm. She could feel the venom spread through here body, her skin burning more intense by the second. Her vision was becoming burly and tunnel vision like. She heard the front door be kicked in. Her head rolled to the side as she watched Tripp aim his gun and pull the trigger. What happen next she was sure she hallucinating.

Damon?

Damon caught the wooden stake in mid air and glared across the room at Tripp. “I didn’t just come back from the dead to go back so soon.” He hissed before throwing the stake at vamp speed back at him, hitting him in the leg.   

Tripp screamed as he grabbed his leg, stumbling back against the wall.  In a last ditch effort Tripp aimed the gun and shot multiple stakes in the air before making a break for the back door. Both Stefan and Damon were hit in stomach with a stake and instantly pulled it out of themselves.

“Damon help here, I’m going to take care of him.” Stefan hissed before following after Tripp out the back door.

 “Caroline?” Damon said softly, kneeling down on the ground next to her.

She stared blankly at him. She winced at the pain on her shoulder. “I’m hallucinating, you’re not here.” She said weakly.

“On different circumstances I might take offense to that.” Damon said, giving a small smile. He brushed her hair off her shoulder pushed her jacket back to reveal the wound.

“How---how are you here?” She asked. Before he could answer she let out a scream as the werewolf venom and wound spread farther over her should and up her neck.

“Shhhh.” Damon whispered, breaking the chains on her wrists and scooped her up in his arms. “Let’s get you out of here.” He whispered in her ear before walking out of the house. They made their way back up to where Matt was waiting by his truck. Stefan ran out of the woods.