𝟙. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎

I got up that morning with a headache

I got up, got dressed, and then checked my phone. There were a couple of messages from me and my friends group chat call excepted into college!!, there was a person dancing emoji at the start and a face with a party hat at the end of it. It was a huge inside joke that we never really let go of. It was mostly Brayson and Scout blabbering about how their own characters are best friends in crime. And once again Scout was liking her own messages by double-tapping it and making a heart appear. She always amuses me.

My legs slung themselves over the side of my bed and my arms reached up towards the ceiling. Arching my back as I stretched out as far as I could. I felt gross and tired.. I really need to go to bed before twelve in the morning. My sleep schedule was always better compared to my friends, though.

I looked myself over in the mirror in my bathroom. I wore a white shirt that says 'Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets' and a black zip up jacket with 'HENTAI' and the number sixty-nine on the back. I finished the outfit with some basketball shorts and old white Adidas shoes. I smiled at my reflection, I looked pretty fucking epic this morning. But before I knew it, my cousin was at my house and was ready to take me to school. I grabbed my school bag and met with my cousin, and then we were off.

Pushing past the front doors, I walked over to sit in the gym. I walked over to the last section of bleachers to where our group normally sat, except I was the first one there. I walked up the steps and sat my stuff behind me before pulling out my phone. I had messages from Brayson, she was going on about some weird ass drawing she did yesterday. I replied to her and then went to check on the group chat. Scout was typing in all caps again, showing that she was obviously excited with whatever she sent. I skimmed over Brayson's messages but read Scout's messages one by one. Danny must've been inactive at the ungodly hour when the other two were 'yelling' at each other in the chat.

Speaking of the devil, Danny skipped his way over to our area.

"Good morning, Soda! How was your weekend?" I tucked my phone away in my back pocket. Their shirt was a light blue button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His shirt was loosely tucked into some black skinny jeans that hugged his legs tightly. Pointy black flacks covered his feet.

"It was fine, how was yours?" I casually asked as I watched him step up the bleachers to sit next to me. "It was alright, I didn't do much but sleep and scroll through Instagram," He chuckled. We continued to talk for a bit. We went on about drawing styles, different classes, and which teachers we liked. We were wrapped up in a conversation before a figure sat down in front of us. It was Brayson. She sat there looking at her phone, probably texting another friend of hers.

"Good morning," She said before putting her phone down in her lap and looking up at us. "You're still riding the bus home with me this afternoon, right?" She asked. I smiled and answered with a quick, "Yeah." Brayson wore a grey shirt that had 'Harvard' written in red on it. Black NIKE running shorts covered the top half of her thighs, and a pair of short black NIKE crew socks covered her ankles to match. And then grey NIKE shoes were on her feet and a black NIKE hat sat on the top of her orange head.

Danny and I said our hellos to her before going back to our conversation, "- He has come a far way!" Danny stated, obviously trying to support their favorite character. "He has, but that doesn't mean he's still one of my favorite characters." I rolled my eyes at him playfully. As they were in motion, I saw a familiar figure approaching us.

"Hello my dudes!" Were the first words I heard her say today. A black shirt with a black and white vintage skateboard print covered her torso; a long sleeve black and white striped under shirt covered her arms. Her shirts were tucked into a pair of black jeans, the jeans were being held up by a double metal hole patterned belt. Two thin chains were hooked to the belt loops on her right side. Finally, white slip on vans with black checkered toes fitted onto her feet. And then her wide, black rimmed glasses shielded her eyes. It was her.