📖 A whisper 📖

Hope's POV:

     The sun hits my face, immediately awakening me. I looked up at the curtains to my four-poster bed. I realize now that I didn't shut the curtains. I grab my phone to check the time, it's 5 am. I have to be ready to go to my first class at 6:30.

     I have some time to kill. I get up and quickly get dressed. I head out to the Astronomy tower. I've been going there every morning these days.

     Every day I find a bird waiting for me. At first, I would show up and it sat on a nearby tree. That was strange on its own, the type of bird it was, was meant to be nowhere near here. It was only a baby when I first started showing up.

     I named it August because that's when I found it. I don't know it's gender. After a few visits, the bird grew fonder of me. I like to think that it likes me at this point, but I could be wrong. Nothing or no one ever really seems to like me.

     After I go to the astronomy tower, I decide to skip breakfast. It's not like I'll eat it anyway. Instead, I went to the quidditch field. I'm the Slytherin seeker. "Mikaelson 47" when people would catch a glimpse of my jersey name and number, they would have to double back to get another look. Clearly rereading over the "Mikaelson" part. I recently decided to stop hiding it. I had my jersey changed from Marshall to Mikaelson.

I don't actually think I'm that good, but hey whatever. If it's something I'm "good" at, it means I've found something to do with my life, for the time being.

      I didn't feel like suiting all the way up, and you're no longer allowed to ride a broom without the proper protection at this age. So instead I sat on the bleachers. I finished the potions homework I forgot to do last night. Well, I didn't exactly "forget" I just didn't want to do it. So I didn't.

     Of course, I finished it. Once I checked the time again, it was 6:45. I had to be to my first actual class in five minutes. It was potions with Snape. Snape was the only teacher who actually liked me, besides Professor Longbottom. He likes everyone. So he doesn't exactly count.

I show up just on time, as per usual. I take my normal seat next to Natasha.

She smiles at me once I sit down

She smiles at me once I sit down. I give a smile back. It's fake, but she can't tell. Snape starts to give directions on what we're going to do today. I, of course, don't pay attention. He usually owls me the day before telling me what will be happening in class.

     I saw Nat (Natasha) writing on her hand in sharpie. I, of course, wanted to join in on the fun. So I lightly nudged her shoulder. She looked over at me, then I gestured to the sharpie in her hand. She immediately nodded, dug through her bag, then handed me a different black sharpie.

I've been told my whole life, "don't draw on your hands, it goes into your bloodstream." I continue to think over that statement as I draw a crescent moon on my hand. On each of my fingers, I drew a different kind of star. All the while, Snape is explaining something I already know.