🩸🩹 The Aftermath 🩹🩸

"You're an idiot, I hope you know that." I scold Hope as I hold an ice pack to her head. She looks up at me with soft puppy dog eyes. I roll my eyes with a small smile, "But you might be the idiot who just saved my life, so thank you, Hope." I finally mutter my thank you. She nods her head a little. Then winces, "Hey, don't move!" I say quickly. She chuckles, "A little late Saltzman," I quickly peel off the napkin I used to stop the bleeding from the cut under Hope's eye. She refuses to go to the hospital wing so this is the best I can do with such limited resources.

I do the best I can to stitch up her cuts, still, she needs to go to the hospital wing. I know I can't convince her too, so I do the best I can do. "There, you're all set," I say whipping a bit of blood from her chin. I stare into her gorgeous blue eyes, getting lost in them, a moment longer than I should have. Hope stares back at me and says nothing. A small smile creeps on her lips as she stares. "Josie," Hope says, her voice barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" I say as my eyes migrate from her eyes to her lips. "You're staring," Hope says with a smirk. "So are you," I say quickly in defense. "Well I have a good reason, you're beautiful," Hope says simply. My eyes want to snap up to meet hers but I can't seem to take them from her plump, baby pink lips. I feel the blush rising on my cheeks but I ignore it.

      I don't know what came over me but I started to subtly lean towards Hope. She cocked her head a little with a soft smirk playing on her lips. Then she starts to lean in as well. I don't know why I wasn't thinking, because if I was I probably would have pulled away. Instead, I slowly continued to inch closer to this girl I've had maybe five conversations with. We're only inches from crashing our lips together when I hear a sharp intake of breath. "Hope!" The fifth-year girl and I both pull away quickly and turn to see who said that. It was none other than Nix Jonas, leave it to her to ruin our moment, (whatever it was) when she was just kissing some other random girl. I avoided the eye contact of the older girl who saved me today. "I heard about what Louis, Adam, and Jack did! I plan to give them a strong scolding for hurting you, that wasn't the plan." Nix explains quickly. My eyes snap to her. "What was the plan, Jonas?" I ask coldly. She looks me up and down with a look of judgment. "Who are you?" She finally asks. Before I can speak Hope does, "This is Josie Saltzman, a friend of mine." I then look at Hope, when did we become 'friends'? We've barely ever spoken before this. 'Then again, you were about to kiss her so,' Josie thought to herself with a mental laugh.

Nix rolls her eyes. "Well, are you okay Hope?" She asks almost sounding worried. I can see right through her but apparently, Hope can't, because she falls right into Nix's fake protectiveness and worry for her. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine now. Thank you for asking. It's Josie who was really hurt," Hope says quickly bringing me back into the conversation. "I don't see any cuts or bruises on her." Nix says with a 'not buying it' look on her face with a snarky tone. "Whether it's physical abuse, verbal, or mental, it's all pain. And all pain should be treated with the same respect and given the same amount of comfort and help." Hope says looking directly into my eyes. I stared back at her, getting lost in those blue eyes of wonder. I hate to imagine those eyes looking to anyone but me. 'Woah Josie, what the hell. You barely know her, she's allowed to look at whoever the hell she wants.' I think to myself suddenly feeling quite embarrassed and break eye contact. Nix rolls her eyes at Hope's amazing opinion on pain and turns her attention back to me.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be, fourth year!" Nix says in a harsh, hushed tone.

      I think she tried to say it where Hope couldn't hear it, but Hope clearly did. "Hey, she helped fix me up. The least I can do is walk her the rest of the way to her common room. I'll see you later Nix," with that Hope stood up and offered me a hand. Which I took graciously. I did not want to be in that room anymore. Nix was flabbergasted, but she didn't say a word to Hope and simply sat there like a statue.

Me and Hope walked out of the room, me following close behind her. Once we were in the hall that leads back to the Hufflepuff dormitories we were walking side by side. "Sorry about that," Hope finally says after a while. I smile and shake my head, "no it's fine really." Hope now shakes her head. "You shouldn't have your pain downplayed by a girl you don't even know. It's not right and it's not okay." Hope says stopping and therefore stopping me to look into my eyes. I freeze and hold her gaze. For a moment we don't move and I suddenly become conscious of two things. One, we're still holding hands. She never dropped my hand after taking it to lead me out of the room. Two, my eyes quickly left hers and were suddenly on her lips once again. I force my eyes from her lips and make eye contact, or I try anyway. She's now looking at my lips.

Again, we're in a position to kiss one another. As much as I know I probably shouldn't, I lean it. She does the same and we're so close, I can feel her breath on my lips. I then feel her breath hitch upon sound of footsteps rushing towards us.

Sorry this one is short but I thought I might as well put one out after such a long leave. I'm back and I'm trying! Anyway, have a great
day/night/morning/evening/afternoon!! Goodbye my fellow HOSIE shippers!!

Word count: 1,080