one - i hate wilder gray

Everyone has their own way of relaxing

Everyone has their own way of relaxing. For some, it's reading a good book or watching TV. For me? It's ice skating. The sound of the skates on the ice, the rush of landing a jump, the feel of the icy breeze: it's therapeutic. After an awful day of classes, I come to the rink to unwind. It's as if I've just taken a genuine chill pill as soon as I walk through the sliding doors.

That is until my peace and quiet is ruined by none other than the Gray brothers, a.k.a. the banes of my life.

I've known Asher and Wilder Gray since I was eight and let me tell you, they're just as douchey as their names suggest. I mean, have you ever met an Asher or a Wilder who wasn't a dick? Yeah, me neither.

With a sigh, I finish my spin facing the entrance to the rink where the two of them are standing, grinning like madmen. I hate that they're so happy they ruined my quiet time and I hate that they know fine well when my quiet time is. I'm here from seven until nine almost every night, except when there's a hockey match.

"Serena! What a surprise! Asher exclaims with a grin as he jumps onto the ice, stick and helmet in hand. "Didn't know you'd be here!"

Wilder stays behind him, still on dry land, his arms folded across his chest, his usual smirk on his face. My eyes glance down to his feet where a pair of hockey skates are found. Hm, interesting.

"I'm here all the time," I say bluntly. "Wilder knows that."

What I don't say is that he knows I'm normally here because for two of the nights during the week, we have figure skating class together, much to my dismay, but Asher doesn't know that. He thinks his little brother is just the captain of the hockey team. Little does he know that he's actually a national champion figure skater.

But I'm keeping that information until Wilder really pisses me off to the point of spilling the beans to Asher.

"I'll leave you guys to it," I say, skating off the ice as Asher advances further onto it. My safe space has been ruined for tonight. Just as I step onto dry land, Wilder grabs my arm.

"Coach texted an hour ago. You probably wouldn't have read it yet?" He questions, already knowing the answer. As much as I hate to admit it, Wilder and I know each other pretty well. Involuntarily, of course. You learn a lot about a person when you're stuck on a bus with them for hours on end. "She wants us to go to practice tomorrow night. She's registered us both for Regionals."

I raise an eye at him as I lean against the boards, pulling my jacket over my hands. "As in both of us singularly or together?"

"It better be singularly," he replies before picking up his hockey stick. "Plus, aren't you still skating with that dick, Kieran?"

"Coming from the dick," I roll my eyes. "And yes, we're still skating together. Also Wilder Gray in a pairs competition? Wow, are those pigs in the sky?"