Chapter 4- Fell Into The Trap

She made herself comfortable on the bed. He added a cushion behind her back on the headboard. Pulling a chair for himself, he sat next to her, overlapping his hand on hers. He looked into her eyes. "What did you see, Zoya?" He asked in a caring voice.

Her eyes grew wider at the sudden question, which she didn't expect. She felt a little hesitant. She cleared her throat slowly and said, "I..Adit..Aditya. I know..I know it will sou-" she was cut. "Zoya, Don't worry I believe you. Tell me what did you see? I can't see like this anymore. Speak." He said rubbing his thumb on the back of her palm.

"Hmm..." she hummed in response. She lifted up her gaze to match his. "It was a..a I don't know..It was something not..not usual. It was..a human but not in a b...body. It was somet..thing different. Unusual an...and strange. It wanted scare me Aditya. She sp..spoke somet..thing." She said in a thin, tired voice.

"We will figure this out together Zoya. You don't worry. Alright?" He said, she simply took a place in his embrace in response. He gently patted her hair. Her body was tensed. She broke the hug after sometime.

"It will get a coffee for you." He kissed her forehead and stood up. He felt a grip on his wrist. He turned to see her clutching on his wrist. "You trust me. Right?" She asked him maintaining a eye contact with him.

"I trust you." He said with a small curve on his face. He quickly dropped a kiss on her hair.

"Now you go take a shower and change. I will prepare for lunch. Okay? I love you." She nodded in response. She tried to plaster a fake smile on her face but whom was she fooling. He knew something wasn't right.
.
.
.
She entered the washroom and quickly locked the door. She stood leaning against the door. Her head was aching badly. She held her head pressing her temples, trying to soothe the pain.

Tears started welling in her eyes and soon rolled down her eyes. She placed her hand on her mouth to avoid the noise of her cry. She was scared was still wasn't out of that zone. Something at the back of her mind was troubling her. She knelt down on the floor and cried silently.

She tried to calm herself down. No, she couldn't get any weaker. She has to fight, she knew. Her sobs were soon replaced by hiccups. She wiped her tears and got up with the help of the door. Her body felt weak and dehydrated. She felt exhausted.

She moved towards the basin, she opened the tap. She could hear the water drain in the sink. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her checks had patches of tears dried up. Her clothes were crumpled. She bend down and splashed the water on her face. Once, twice and thrice. She closed the tap and let the excess water drop letting her eyes being closed.

She stood up and reached out for a towel and patted the towel on her cheeks. Letting the towel soak the water. She felt fresh and alive again. She opened her eyes slowly. .
.
.
He heard a scream upstairs from his bedroom and quickly rushed upstairs. He bumped into Zoya and she quickly hugged him. Her body was trembled, he could sense. "Are you fine Zoya? Why are so screaming? "He asked her.

"Some...som..someo..one is the..there. I..I sa..saw it in..in the mirr..mirror. Something was written on the mirror." Saying so, she bursted into tears.

"What? In the mirror." She nodded at him and pointed at the door for him to go and check. "You stay here. I'll go check. Okay?" He said and entered the bathroom.

She folded her arms to her chest. She waited for him to come back and after some time he finally came out and said,"I saw nothing, Zoya. What are you talking about?"

Her eyes grew wider. "It was there on the mirror. Someth..." Not wasting more time she pulled him towards the bathroom along with her again.

She was shocked as she found the mirror absolutely normal. He looked at her in confusion. He couldn't figure out what was happening. She looked at him and said, "Aditya..Aditya...I promise I saw that same girl whom I saw last night. She was there in the mir..mirror. Aditya trust me. Something was written in red. Trust me. Please...help me Aditya...please..help me." She cried louder.