Beetlejuice

Thanks to the new Beetlejuice musical, which is fantastic!, I got this idea. [Also, yes I know that's not how it is actually spelled but it's easier for everyone if I spell it this way.]

A tiny bit of spoilers for the changes in the musical.

So in the musical it is shown that Beetlejuice was hanging around in the Maitland's house before their death. So the idea I had was, what if the beetle man took a stroll in the Dursley's house. After all two of them look close to having a coronary.

Let's say that he see's just how shitty they are, and connects with Harry in a "oh dude looks like we both got shitty parents/family. Sucks right?" Kinda way....if that makes sense?

He gets surprised because Harry (at whatever age you want to start him off at) stares at him. Whenever he makes fun of them Harry has to stop himself from giggling, which clues Beej in on him seeing him. (Which he is super excited about, cue pretty much the "Say my name" part of the musical). Beej tries to get Harry to say his name, promising to help him get back at the Dursley's and even take him somewhere better. Harry is of course a bit weary but gives in since Beej is being kinda nice about it, slightly pushy but not nearly as much as he was in the musical (come on, Harry's smaller than Lydia was, making him look super young and even Beej isnt THAT much of a dick....well musical version and cartoon version anyway)

Shenanigans ensues, Harry gets a fun friend who kinda becomes a protective dad (possibly pointed out to him by the Maitlands/Deetz if Beej takes Harry there for a visit. Which of course has him stoping and just being shocked and slightly weirded out by it. But hey he can roll with it)

Beej teaches Harry some of his tricks, Harry ends up with a found family with Beej and the rest. (Not musical Juno...should you choose to have her existing still, Beej isn't going to let her near Harry. Movie Juno is good, musical Juno not so much....the character I mean)

Of course this leaves Dumbledore and co in utter chaos and confusion as to what exactly happened. Someone decides to check the Dursley's memory of the day, with various important members watching the memories.

You can have Dumbledore being the bad guy, the over worked professor, or just as he is portrayed in canon I dont care.

Either way they (the order/school professors/aurors) see Harry's treatment by them, they see him having a cupboard for a bedroom/locks and cat door, they also hear him talking out loud. At first they think it's an imaginary friend/Harry having a breakdown until they hear,

"So...I just have to say your name three times...and you'll get me out of here?"

Followed by a name that has Dumbledore shiver in horror.

Beej is known to the wizarding community, in some form or another.

Needless to say, no one in that group is happy that the B-man has Harry. However they can't find him or summon him. (Maybe Beej has a "do not disturb" thing or something) so they can only search the old fashioned way.

How would this change Harry?

Would he have met his parents via Beej taking him to them or them to him? Would he learn lost magics via dead wizards/witches?

How would he react to the ghosts of Hogwarts? Considering how different they look to how ghosts are portrayed in Beetlejuice.

Would he befriend the same people or have a different set of friends? Would Beej follow him to Hogwarts? (In my opinion, yes, and he would reak havoc worse than the marauders and send Mcgonagall and Snape into alcoholism.

Have fun!