Chapter // 15: Drunken Nights

C o l b y ' s P.O.V

The night was something I had once experienced before. Dreaded, dark, and drunk. My vision was blurry all over again, my head was pounding to an extent, and my heart was seething in pain. Not literal pain, more like emotional. My thoughts were zooming around and my body was laying limply on the sidewalk outside the bar. Oh, and my nose hurt too.

I took in a deep sniff of snot, or I think it's snot, but I brought my hand up to realize it was blood. Eh- close enough. I traced the base of my nose and realized it was surely crooked. And the burning pain that was radiating the area was surely enough to confirm my assumption.

I found myself sluring the words 'I love you Sam' or 'don't leave me', as I laid on the pavement with a big, huge-ass man hovering above me. I think he was the security guy. But why was he glaring at me like that? I groaned once he didn't look away and gave him the finger making him growl.

By passers would occasionally ask if I'm alright, and once a lady walked by me catching my drunken slurs. "Aww, Sam must be a lovely lady to have you talking about her like that." She coed, placing a hand on her heart as she smiled. "Nope, not a girl. Sam's my boyfriend, ma'am." I had said, earning looks of disgust from her.

She smacked me with her hand bag and walked off with a scoff. "A disgrace to humanity." She muttered before she officially made it out of my view. "Colby?" A voice suddenly called making me shriek. "Don't arrest me officer! I'm innocent!" I yelped and quickly covered my head it's my arms.

My arms were soon pried off my head and a blurry figure crouched down near me. "I'm not going to arrest you, Colby. And.. I'm not an officer either." A voice laughed making me gasp. "Come one, let's get you home." The voice sighed and I was soon lifted off the ground..

-
The sounds of clinks and the tap running woke me up from my slumber but only leaving me in more pain than before. "Morning, sunshine." A voice called, with a chuckle, and I soon realized it was Brennen. I let out a groan in reply and held my head as I sat up.

"Morning, Colby!" Another voice squeaked, quite loudly, increasing my pounding headache. I held back the urge to snap at the person but Brennen was quick to aid and took Jacob away for me. "Rough night I suppose." Brennen laughed, handing me a glass of water and some pills. I took them willingly and plopped the two pills in my mouth, downing the water with it.

It was quite odd having Brennen taking care of me when he was always the one who needed to be taken care of. And to top that all off, he wasn't high or drunk. "What happened to my nose?" I groaned, holding it in pain. "I don't know but I assume you got in a fight." He shrugged, irritating me more. "Be specific." I snapped and leaned over.

Brennen rolled his eyes but obliged never the less. "Well, you were all bloody and were laying outside the bar with the security glaring down at you intently. From what he said, you were apparently hit by a hand bag too. Your fists were bruised so I don't think the lady had beaten you up either." Brennen explained casually like this was something to be used to.

I decided not to question seeming as I couldn't process any of the information. But the one thing I did know, was that I tried to drink my problems away. I thought- no, I hoped getting wasted would ease the pain in my heart but it all felt the same afterwards. Well, unless you include the bloody nose, bruised fists, sore stomach, and messed up look I had worn.

I sighed and laid back down on the couch. "What going on with you, man? You've seemed out of it the day you returned." Brennen asked, genuine concern lacing his words. "As pathetic as it sounds, I'm actually worried about you." He added. Never mind.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Just a heartbreak, Brennen."

"Just a simple heartbreak."